Husky's new climbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How's this for a climbing saw?

GbTHEYf.jpg

These guys do some pretty big take downs, and I know they'll run some bigger saws in the bucket and such, but what do you think it's like to have this thing hanging on your belt? :msp_scared: Got a full wrap on it too. They dropped it off for a clutch bearing and some TLC, and I'm looking forward to hearing about how they use the strap on this thing when he comes in to pick it up. I'll let ya know!!

Last edited:
Man I shot into this thread like a bullet hoping to see that you have the 540xp.:ices_rofl: Biggest saw I have ever taken up in a tree was 044 or variant of. I cant imagine climbing with a 395.

That is not a real chainsaw! It is a Husqvarna promotional key chain. I got one just like it that I keep my car and house keys on. Those guys do a good job with their promo stuff:msp_smile:

I've got my money together. Since Ive already bought 3 brand new saws in Jan and Feb, I am only allowing myself to buy one more in 2013 (trying to control cad). It will either be 540xp or 661 whichever one is released first. Im hoping it will be the 540 cause I really need a top handle, while the 661 is just bc I want. :msp_wink:

I've got my money together. Since Ive already bought 3 brand new saws in Jan and Feb, I am only allowing myself to buy one more in 2013 (trying to control cad). It will either be 540xp or 661 whichever one is released first. Im hoping it will be the 540 cause I really need a top handle, while the 661 is just bc I want. :msp_wink:

You got yourself a problem there, don't ya friend? Buying 3 new saws in Jan and Feb, and now you've got a whole long year ahead of you to just buy one more. Think you'll be able to do it? :tongue2:

The biggest I know of that one of my tree guys climbs with is a 372. If you painted him green you'd swear he was the Incredible Hulk :msp_scared:

There was a guy south of here a bit that rumor has it used a 090 to top trees on occasion.
I saw the saw with the lanyard sitting at the shop, but I still can't believe it.

The DOT was running their 441 in the bucket truck the other day, and I thought that was nuts.

The biggest I know of that one of my tree guys climbs with is a 372. If you painted him green you'd swear he was the Incredible Hulk :msp_scared:

Even that is pretty impressive. Saws of that size are like dragging an anchor off your belt it seems.

Ansi standard 6.3.3 says any saw over 15lb. shall be suspended by it's own line to be made safe against falling. That's not to say that nobody has never gone up a tree with a 395 strapped to there azz:msp_biggrin:

Impressive! Ive seen my climber buddy use a 660 up in a tree. Funny watching a 5'6" 120 lb guy throw around a 660 with a 25" bar up in a tree.

You got yourself a problem there, don't ya friend? Buying 3 new saws in Jan and Feb, and now you've got a whole long year ahead of you to just buy one more. Think you'll be able to do it? :tongue2:

since I dont have a solid date for either and they are all Im really interested in...... I might not be able to get either one in ''13.:potstir: But Im hopeful.

Back