Husq 350 woes, jumped right to blaming the carb, but..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A10egress

This place costs me money.
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Im not the only one who has done this. My 350 out of nowhere didnt want to start and once it did, it would just die. Right away I blamed ethanol and the carb. I ordered a kit for it and decided to take the carb off and wait for the kit to come in. While checking things out I noticed fuel leaking around the fuel line from tank

yup, cracked fuel line. The carb kit is cheap and good to have on hand but... i should have checked the lines first since it's a known issue.

$1 worth of line and she's zoom zooming again.

I get so frustrated at those carbs that i would blame the cracked fuel line on the carb too.

What was the original carb? My 345 had the Wahlbro and I am switching it to the Zama tonight. Mine has major bog issues.

Once you get bite enough by those snake in the grass fuel lines you'll learn to check them on any 2 cycle. It doesn't hurt to go ahead and clean the carburetor while your replacing those fuel lines.

Yep, original carb, the saw is 12 years old.... never had a problem until this so i cant really complain! Im glad i had a bunch of different sized fuel line on hand too!

Back