Husqavarna 550XP Autotune??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys,

One of my old buds has a Husky 550 XP...that he is frustrated with.
Saw fires up on 2-3 pulls, yet he can't get the chain to turn...think it has broken chain-brake or something minor.
He just bought a Stihl 044, and there's no turning back now.

I can buy this saw for $100...yet I'm just now getting familiar with the Stihl line-up, and know NOTHING about Huskies, yet I've heard the auto tune & just changing out the bar/chain, clutch can be a hassle...:rolleyes:

What do you guys know about these saws & are they problematic?
I'm basically looking to flip it anyway...and I've got 18" bars & chains .058 gathering dust...might as well make them earn their keep.

Thanks
Reg

Starting 2 threads on 2 sites on whether a $100 550xp is worth buying kinda means you have lost your man card. I bet you'll post next that someone else bought it and want sympathy. God gave us those two round things to be used ocaisionally....now is the time.

Starting 2 threads on 2 sites on whether a $100 550xp is worth buying kinda means you have lost your man card. I bet you'll post next that someone else bought it and want sympathy. God gave us those two round things to be used ocaisionally....now is the time.
I don't care about a freaking man card...they're overrated anyway!:rolleyes:
Only 2 threads on 2 sites?
Dam It Man!!! I thought it was 7 threads on 7 sites!! Obviously I'm slipping...thanks for keeping an accurate account of my threads and sites.
Sometimes I like to exercise my options of hearing a consensus of thoughts and opinions...less costly that way.
If somebody buys it...more power too them.
I never live in the Valley of Regret.
BUT...I did pull the trigger on this lil jewel today for dirt cheap! :numberone:;)
20170614_011655.jpg 20170614_011623.jpg

Back