Husqavrna 455 brake sticking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a .325 chain and bar on a clutch that was 3/8...my bad...but it acted like that...I was sure the clutch was .325...until I really checked it....
It started with a chain that had been use for awhile. New chain same issue.

Maybe oil pump. Ran it over white wood did see anything, that I could tell.

Can you run it with bar off and see oil pump run? I am not familiar with oil pump

Maybe oil pump. Ran it over white wood did see anything, that I could tell.

Can you run it with bar off and see oil pump run? I am not familiar with oil pump
Yup it should dribble out of the slot. If your not sure where that is it’s right above the bar studs. If you look in the bar you will see the oil hole. That will give you an idea as well

Watched video where guy flushed oil tank with gas, with bar off. I am going to take saw home to work on. Down to 1.5 saws which I don't like. I got one that had tractor accident.

I know should check oil flow when using, buti was bad about it.

No oil coming out when running.

Dumped the oil out, remember to remove plug. Filled it with gas. Started it, and gas started coming out pretty quick. Did this a few times. Let gas sit in there over night, and will replace the oil and try it out. Left a note that it needs oil.

I will try to do this yearly, or as much as I remember. Will definitely watch for oil when starting saw. I knew this, but was lazy.

Removed oil pump, blew out out everything and spray brake clean all over. Worm gear looked good. I put clean 10W30 in and it flowed good. I didn't have any bar oil close. Do you think I should dump the 10w30? I left it in, because any oil is better than none. I will put a note on it. I've heard stories about guys running all kinds off stuff, but I never have.

Bar and chair is at camp, so I can't test. Previously, no oil. Then gas would come out, but no oil. Now 10w30 comes out.

I do think it would be good idea to order oil pump. Next time I take this apart to clean, I think I would just stick one in. $35. Interestingly clutch was harder to get off today, than it was after being on there for 14 years.

Latest posts

Back