Husqvarna 162 61 262 266 268 272 parts interchangeable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_daddy234

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. Are all the crank seals in these saws the same? All of the models I've seen have the clutch side crank seal mounted in the oil pump. Are all of these saws configured like this?

I thought I heard somewhere that they later changed that seal to be mounted in the case instead?

Also are all text cylinders the same except for the bore size? For instance could you put a 266 jug on a 162 etc?

Thanks for any help.

Never seen PTO side crank seal mounted in the case on this series, always in the oil pump. As far as swapping cylinders the stroke and bolt pattern is the same on all of them so it is doable but you have to be mindful of your intake stuff, (four versions, 625 & 670 JRed boot, 61 block, 162/630/66/266 block, and 268/272 block).

Joe

And is the 61 Block forsure different from the 268 and 272? The particular listing I'm looking at on ebay suggests that the cylinder they are selling will work on all thoes models.

Never seen PTO side crank seal mounted in the case on this series, always in the oil pump.

Joe
The 262 had some years where they used a brass worm gear to drive the oiler. The crank seal was mounted in the case and not in the oiler. Worm gear has to be pulled to change the seal. I am not sure if any other models in the 2 series had this but I know the 262 did.
vid by Mattyo on it.

I would buy the seals from a dealer, they are not that expensive. The bearings are just standard 6202 C3 readily available from any bearing supplier.

Joe

The 262 had some years where they used a brass worm gear to drive the oiler. The crank seal was mounted in the case and not in the oiler. Worm gear has to be pulled to change the seal. I am not sure if any other models in the 2 series had this but I know the 262 did.
vid by Mattyo on it.

The 262 belongs to a different (smaller and lighter) saw family, even though it shares the bore/stroke with the 162, 61 and 630.

The 262 belongs to a different (smaller and lighter) saw family, even though it shares the bore/stroke with the 162, 61 and 630.
the original thread ask "Husqvarna 162 61 262 266 268 272 parts interchangeable?" I wondered why the 262 was included in this thread, as the 61, 266, 268. 272 have many differences from the 262.

The 262 is a different case altogether. Not much of anything swaps over from the 254/257/262 family.
yeah I wondered why it was even brought into the discussion. Op has it listed in the title but it is whole different beast when compared to the 266,268,272 etc.

Latest posts

Back