Husqvarna 2100cd project saw that is now a runner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatcha think of the "scoop"?

i know i know, my Wife thinks I'm nutz too!

Whatcha think of the "scoop"?

i know i know, my Wife thinks I'm nutz too!

It does look good!...like a stack..lol But i guess if it is functionable and you dont scoop it into a log and bend it or bust it off...you'll be alright...lol It is definetly different though...lol...a good different.

attachment.php

Mine has been logged with pretty hard and it doesnt look as nice as yours...which i dont really know which look, looks better...the used look or new look....i kinda rather not paint up a saw...and fix it up a little or just run it like it is if it isnt too too bad.

Mine has been logged with pretty hard and it doesnt look as nice as yours...which i dont really know which look, looks better...the used look or new look....i kinda rather not paint up a saw...and fix it up a little or just run it like it is if it isnt too too bad.

I hear ya, like my saws looking rode hard and put away wet looking. (call in character) This one was getting quite a bit of pitting on the bottom so gave it the Earl Shieb treatment last Winter. Notice I did leave the grip original,,,,,,,,,,,,,even the weld and torn up hose!

I would guess this old Girl put many many trees down in her hey-day. Still runs like a champ, with loads of compression.

Sachsmo! Nice saw, 440, nice as well. Sachsmo I thought you were following my 2101 muscle saw thread? Page 13 on it I pictured my lineup. I will get some more tommorow, better, closeup's! That saw you got is saweet!

Sachsmo! Nice saw, 440, nice as well. Sachsmo I thought you were following my 2101 muscle saw thread? Page 13 on it I pictured my lineup. I will get some more tommorow, better, closeup's! That saw you got is saweet!

Thanks buddy......its kinda funny the guy i bought this saw off of i used to work for...and he thaught it was locked up because it was hard to pull over...little did he know it was raw compression of this monster.

Man, that's good for you! I got mine from a good friend. He wanted to down size, and go to a 372, he got a 575 logger for a good deal. The 2101 was in his shed, and he got it used. Never used it. I had two put a couple hundred into it at my shop, carb kit, and neither on of us knew, me or my buddy that it had a blown crank seal. I tried to talk him into keeping it. I am glad he didn't. Some people might not put hte money in one. Worth it 2 me, you could tell it had low hour's. So overall I'm into it under 500. Equivalent new saw 1200, and up. So I am happy.

Man, that's good for you! I got mine from a good friend. He wanted to down size, and go to a 372, he got a 575 logger for a good deal. The 2101 was in his shed, and he got it used. Never used it. I had two put a couple hundred into it at my shop, carb kit, and neither on of us knew, me or my buddy that it had a blown crank seal. I tried to talk him into keeping it. I am glad he didn't. Some people might not put hte money in one. Worth it 2 me, you could tell it had low hour's. So overall I'm into it under 500. Equivalent new saw 1200, and up. So I am happy.

I got about $200 in mine....and i wont let it go for anything less than $350 but if i dont sell it...even if i dont use it that much i guess its worth having just to have. I really really want a used 395 or 394 to use as a work saw....i can use one way more than the 2100. And i would almost trade even up if i found one that someone would let go of and wanted this one. I dont want one thats gonna be a money pit though...but one thats used and not abused is hard to find especially in good condition. I got 14 saws now and im gonna try to keep my max at 15....but i dont know about that one..lol If i get a 395 and another 385/390 and a 288xp and maybe a 2171...ill try to stop there...lol Im gonna sell my old mac 10-10 that NEVER gets used and a couple more. Im afraid if i sell the 2100 ill regret it though...cause usually what will happen is my boss will get a tract with a couple monsters on it and ill be kicking myself.

I can understand the wanting of a 394,395, or 288. Even wiht my arsenal I want more, and not because I am lacking anything. It is just a want thing for me. I have alway's wanted a nice 288xp! Try, and keep that 2100. I think you would regret it.

I was just out playing with the 1100, interesting machine.
Norm is correct, hang on to it, you should be able to cut anything you come across with it.

I actually know that my ex boss bought my 2100 brand new...I did get the full story on how he did get such a big saw. His cutter that he had working for him at the time was tired of the old beat up saws that they where using and complained of not enough power. So he told my ex-boss that he wanted the biggest husqvarna timber saw that you could buy to cut with if he was gonna keep working for him. So my boss at the time did just that....he sent him to the saw shop to go get the saw that he wanted with a blank signed check. He came back with the 2100....i think the biggest bar that they ran on it was 24" and mostly they ran a 20" on it...so it pretty much wasnt under much of a load all of its life. And that guy was a pretty stout SOB if you get what i mean....i asked my buddy that is my ex-boss's brother how they didnt blow that big of a saw up with such a short bar....his answer "Yea (so and so) used to take 4 swipes off the rakers on a brand new chain before it even hit the wood." I said WOW and laughed.

It's cool knowing the story behind something. I think it makes it more personal, and worth more, as in sentimental mean's.

I was just out playing with the 1100, interesting machine.
Norm is correct, hang on to it, you should be able to cut anything you come across with it.

how's that thing run. it didn't seem to have a lott of hr's on it.

Back