Husqvarna 268

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. To look at them I would have thought the hd would have flowed better being more open. What was the purpose of the hd filter kit
The purpose of the HD filter was to offer better filtration without sacrificing performance for the guys out west cutting very dusty/dirty timber.

Ran my 268xp today for the first time. Scary moment. Do you guys torque down nuts that hold the bar on? I've heard the jokes about Husky's and loose bolts. Lesson learned about checking tightness of bolts BEFORE running a saw...
just a note of caution on too much pressure on the bar nuts.there cracks have developed
around the stud housings into the case!

I think my tank vent is plugged. The saw has been acting funny and every time I get the carb set to where in line it the saw will act either to rich or to lean. I took the gas cap off and noticed it sucked in some air so I think that may be the culprit

Just got a 87 SE 268xp back in. I took it in trade 3-2011 and had a 272 aftermarket topend. Firewood cutter I sold it to can longer handle the weight with his bad back. So I bought a bunch of stuff off him last night.

7 years later here she is again

h268xxp.jpg h268xp.jpg h268xpp.jpg barsin18.jpg

Back