• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 272XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
husqvarnaxpman

husqvarnaxpman

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I bought this saw off the bay about a year ago with a scored P/C. Cleaned up the cylinder and put in new meteor piston with no gasket. New Nachi bearings, seals, o ring for oil pump, new K&N filter, new seals/o rings for fuel and oil caps and some other screws ect. Saw held the vac test when rebuilt. I ran approx. 2 tanks at the time of the rebuild. Saw seem to run good. Took it out last weekend and the saw would not start. On screwed the fuel tank and there seemed to be a lot of pressure in the tank. Saw started and ran but acted like it was out of fuel several times. The saw is still set on the rich side and I always run 40:1. Compression is around 170psi. Pulled the muffler and it does look like a couple of light marks on the piston on the flywheel side. Saw needs to be pressure/vac tested again. I am guessing the carb needs to be rebuilt and/or new fuel tank vent. Saw has full wrap handle bar. Saw does have some scuffs and scrapes. I was thinking $260 plus shipping. I do have a extra oil pump, screws and cylinder. This cylinder was also scored and I cleaned it up. It does have some visible lines and two of them you can feel. I showed it to the mechanic at the Husqvarna shop and he said it should be fine but I will let you be the judge of that. I would like $25 for the extras.

Hows57

Hows57

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I bought this saw off the bay about a year ago with a scored P/C. Cleaned up the cylinder and put in new meteor piston with no gasket. New Nachi bearings, seals, o ring for oil pump, new K&N filter, new seals/o rings for fuel and oil caps and some other screws ect. Saw held the vac test when rebuilt. I ran approx. 2 tanks at the time of the rebuild. Saw seem to run good. Took it out last weekend and the saw would not start. On screwed the fuel tank and there seemed to be a lot of pressure in the tank. Saw started and ran but acted like it was out of fuel several times. The saw is still set on the rich side and I always run 40:1. Compression is around 170psi. Pulled the muffler and it does look like a couple of light marks on the piston on the flywheel side. Saw needs to be pressure/vac tested again. I am guessing the carb needs to be rebuilt and/or new fuel tank vent. Saw has full wrap handle bar. Saw does have some scuffs and scrapes. I was thinking $260 plus shipping. I do have a extra oil pump, screws and cylinder. This cylinder was also scored and I cleaned it up. It does have some visible lines and two of them you can feel. I showed it to the mechanic at the Husqvarna shop and he said it should be fine but I will let you be the judge of that. I would like $25 for the extras.
What’s your zip code?

Latest posts