• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 281XP 300th anniversary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is another of the saws I am pulling down off the shelves. This is a pretty decent Husky 281 saw. It is the 300th anniversary model and some folks like to collect them. I put some fuel in it tonight and it fired right up. I ran a comp test and it was at 155-160PSI. I pulled the muffler but one stud broke off and will need addressed, One top cover screw is missing.I figure $450 plus shipping is fair. I also have a 272 that I will listed.

The voice in his head. Psychosis surfaces every now and then...
Hard to tell with some. I am not sure why he would post the address to Wrigley Field. I have ran into a ton of great saw guys over the years and some that were just downright strange.

Back in 2002 or so I ran across two really odd guys from different places on the same saw. I had a Husky 261 that I sold on Ebay to a guy about two hours away. I had cut with it the previous weekend and it ran fine.. He paid for it and I shipped it out. It arrived there in 2 days and I never heard from the guy which is no big deal. Well about 2 weeks later low-and-behold a box arrives back here and in it was the 261. I was puzzled. I contacted the guy and he said he did not like it and wanted a refund. Well that was odd. I was not obligated to refund his money as he had never contacted me nor Ebay. He said to send him the purchase price minus $100. I was not obligated to do anything but I did it. It was obvious he used the saw to do whatever cutting he wanted and the $100 he "lost" was less than what he would have paid to the rental store. I got the saw back and used it more.

A few months after that I listed back on Ebay again. A guy about 7 hrs north bought it. He called me up and wanted to fly here to get it. Yes folks, fly here. Apparently he worked for an airline that flies into the airport about 30 miles from me. He asked if I would bring it to the airport and meet him. I had to deliver a combine that morning that I sold and did not have time. Regardless I was not willing to drive 60 miles and stand at the airport with a saw that would cost $12 to ship out DHL. I just shipped it to him. Sometimes folks are really cheap and really weird.

Sadly some here are getting weirder by the day

My last couple of craigslist sales where to folks that looked like they where debating on roughing me up and taking it. Im a fairly large guy and always carry. I position my shirt so it is obviously printing but not exposed. Be careful out there guys. Folks are not just weird but more dangerous and desperate by the day. I love the saw Bill and a very fair price.

Meet at the airport, that is a new one. I wonder if he planned to put it in his carry on.😂

My last couple of craigslist sales where to folks that looked like they where debating on roughing me up and taking it. Im a fairly large guy and always carry. I position my shirt so it is obviously printing but not exposed. Be careful out there guys. Folks are not just weird but more dangerous and desperate by the day. I love the saw Bill and a very fair price.

Meet at the airport, that is a new one. I wonder if he planned to put it in his carry on.😂
The guy that wanted me to meet him at the airport was definitely a goof.

Latest posts

Back