• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 3120XPG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the OEM piston. I really can't say for sure. I have to admit that until very recently i was totally ignorant of aftermarket parts. I'm fixing up a couple of cutoff saws at the moment, so looking for parts online is what clued me in on to just what is available.

The piston came with the saw when I purchased it. The seller did tell me he paid a small fortune for the parts. I can't say I noticed a difference in the pistons, nor in the the retaining pins, they seemed to be seated correctly.

Was planning on doing some milling, but haven't found the time. So am selling my Husky 3120xpg (I'm being told by by a more knowledgeable guy than myself that it's an XPGW, but am not sure about that). Full wrap handle, 1999 model and has the black coil. Has a new piston, new brake band, new throttle cable. Saw runs great, couple of pulls and she rumbles, idles nicely.

Ok, there are a few issues, so I'll try to explain as best I can.

1. There are a couple cover bolts missing, among those the carb cover bolt. The muffler bolts are my own.
2. The brake handle being in line with the muffler exhaust, has a burnt part at that spot.
3. The flywheel has a couple fins removed, opposite sides.
4. I removed the rubber piece that's that's around the spark plug, have to find it (needed to make a better connection).

So other than that, she a really ice girl.

Am in Canada. How about $700 plus shipping?
Where in Canada are you. Just trying to estimate the shipping. May be interested.

Hey Farmer, talked to you over on Canadian Gun Nuts, I'm REALLY trying to convince myself I need this saw. I'm heading out of town for work Sunday, when I'm back I may have myself convinced I NEED it :D

Where did you find that green grass in Canadia this time of year?o_O Not trying to be a skeptic or anything.

Steven, you need to Simmmah Down Now on the saw buying :D

There are laws to prevent taking pics of serial numbers in summertime???

You guys are too tuff. :mad:

Hey James. Was it you i talked on the phone?

Yeah, got the pm, So was somebody else i taked to from there. I'll pm you, wonder if your parts friend is able to get caber rings.

If you have interest, i have a cylinder off a 375k cutoff saw. Same size as 372XPW i believe, 51.4mm.

My heart is warmed by the lovely note and the coyote pelt. :DAre you going to turn that pelt into a scabbard? She wont be prime anymore with bar oil on her. Nice saw by the way.

I just read through the first thread i started here back in June. There i said i 'replaced the cylinder and rings'. Reminds me of something, gonna tell a little story.

About 25 years ago, when i was 16 years old, my dad took me and a friend of mine on our first trip west. We were going to see the Rockies, which really excited us flat landers. Driving through Saskatchewan we stopped at a roadside diner in a little town. So me and my friend went looking for the washroom. We followed the washroom arrow and came to 2 doors. There hung a sigh over each door, 'cylinders' and 'pistons'. For a few minutes we argued which one was the guys' room, and we finally ended up he going into one and me into the other. We still laugh over that.

So today still, i have to put a few seconds thought into which part is referred to as the cylinder, which the piston. If i don't, then the cylinder is a piston and a piston is a cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. This hasn't sold (yet). I'm a flexible fellow, so perhaps it'll help if I do something with the price. So new price, $850.

Yep, that is an increase of 75 per week.

If it helps, I'm doing the guitar build at the forestry forum, in the woodworking section.

Latest posts

Back