Husqvarna 335 opinion’s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I haven’t read much about the 335 xpt. Only looking back on some older threads. A local retired tree guy has 6 saws in pieces. I figured they would be a good project for my sons s me. Hoping to make 3-4 runners out of them. I did buy two saws from him in December which I am happy with (346 and a 540) are they a nightmare to work on like I hear the 540 is ? And are they still a desirable saw?

Thank you for the responses. The little I’ve read about them point to problems with the carbs and oilers. Even a couple with crankcases leaking when hot. He has 6 of them. I’m hoping to check them out better tomorrow, and see how complete they are.

I dicked around with mine for a couple of years, it never ran right, I finally tore it all down & found the impulse line broke off behind the flywheel, don't know how it ran at all. I really like that little screamer, but if it is unused for some time it needs fuel poured in the carb to start it, used every day it starts rite up.

I hate the little buggers. Scald the back of my hand from air coming off the cylinder.

Wear a thick leather glove.

As reported, carbs are expensive and they arn’t shared by other saws.

Main bearings w/seals are EXPENSIVE!

I’ll not overhaul another. [emoji849]
0997942bd5a637d5cdfd4e9e6696a908.jpg

Latest posts

Back