Husqvarna 345e Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ri chevy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is this muffler a CAT muffler? Is there anything that can be done to mod this muffler? Can I buy a non-cat muffler that will bolt up to this saw?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Yes the E tech saws had the cat mufflers. Any older 345,350,346,351,353 non cat muffler will bolt right up. You can remove the cat if you are carefull, but don't breath any of the stuff you cut out. It is a PITA to do without destroying the muffler. I do have some older non cat mufflers if you are interested in one.

The 345e is not an E-tech saw, so it doesn't have a cat muffler.

That "e" is for easy start + tool-less chain tensioner.

I need a scrench tool to adjust the bar. :confused2:

258559d1350866593-dscn9795-jpg

The muffler looks like this. It is a very thick muffler that looks like it has a few baffles inside. Definitely not like my Stihl 029 muffler which is almost straight through.

258560d1350867037-husqvarna-345e-muffler-jpg

Sawtroll is correct about the E standing for easy start. I have a 345e. It does not have a cat muffler (grey caps) It does require a screwdriver to tighten the chain.

Very good. Thank you for the information and clarifications on "e" versus "E-Tech" saws. Has anyone muffler modded the 345e muffler?

You can either bend deflector up and enlarge the existing opening or you can add a second opening by using a 288 deflector. I prefer the latter method. Do a search for 346 muffler mod...

Latest posts

Back