Husqvarna 346XP user review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I've lived with the 346XP through about 3 cords of wood now and I have come to the opinion that it is a pretty good little saw. Below are my observations:

1. You need to let it cut the way it's happiest, and that is with the RPMs way up. If you don't it will bog down fairly easy. If you do it rewards you.

2. You can zip through a pretty big tree, blocking it out, in really good time,
and way faster then I am accustomed too.

3. It seems to go a long way on a tank of gas. I have only ran out one time, which is explained in item #4

4. The gas tank lid isn't tricky, but it is on the side (I'm used to it being on the top with both my other saws) and you have to be sure you have the cap screwed in tight. One time I didn't and the saw stopped and wouldn't start, and as I had not used it much since a fill up I wondered what was wrong. What was wrong was all the gas had leaked out.

5. The weight is more than I am used too but not so much as to be burdensome, even when trimming off limbs. I got used to it pretty quick.

6. The decompression valve is not needed, but the little primer bulb is, especially when starting cold.

7. I know this is not about the saw, but I am amazed that after all the cutting of oak trees the chain seems as sharp as ever.

8. There is nothing about it, so far, I have found that I really don't like, so I am a happy camper. I have no problem giving it a thumbs up recommendation.

Thanks again for the advice,

Clay

Thanks for giving us a update on how you like it. The 346 is a great little saw that I enjoy running. :greenchainsaw:

Back