Husqvarna 350 experts needed....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jltrent

jltrent

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a 49cc Husqvarna 350 with a scored cylinder, everything else good. I have a 52cc Husqvarna 350 with stripped muffler bolts everything else good. I would like to put a 346xp cylinder/piston kit on one of these. Which chainsaw would you use? Also which kit would you buy and what would I need extra to make it work? Also would you recommend doing this? I have use aftermarket kits before with mixed results and pretty interested in OEM, but good AF I would consider. Thanks to anybody that gives feedback as I really like these saws when in good shape.

cus_deluxe

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
I dont see where it would matter which saw you use, and you shouldnt really need anything else but the top end kit. Im not sure if the 42mm kit is still available, but id go with the 44.3 mm kit (just ordered one myself actually).

deaves61
Probably the later 350 would be best, it has the 2 piece upper main bearing cup, either will work but some earlier ones a little more work, you can adjust the squish by trimming the bearing cup, i would go huztl or oem, any cyls in between will run you right at oem prices, I'd rather have oem.

cus_deluxe

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
Though you may want to try and verify the condition and the bearings/seals to make sure thats not why the 49cc top end is scored, and make sure all other rubber is good, and the carb partition isnt stripped out, and has the metal clamp, not the plastic.

spyder62

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
I’m no expert so I would let someone else chime in. But my son and I put a oem 346 pc kit on our 345 last week. It was the first one we ever did. We’re real happy with the way it turned out. Replaced the partition wall and plenum and added the metal intake clamp as well. The hardest part for me was adding the 350 cylinder adapter. ( getting it sealed) no regrets whatsoever. Well maybe 2, not originally opening up the muffler and not doing the gasket delete. Oem all the way

spyder62

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
I got everything from my husky dealer. Had to pay tax but no shipping. Buying alacart your gonna spend more. Maybe baileys or someone on the site here. One stop shopping. One shipping charge

KYsawman

KYsawman

Mr XL-12
Just a watch out is to grind away a little plastic on the clutch side case so the 346xp cylinder will fit. The transfer ports are much wider and might cause the cylinder not to set all the way down causing an air leak. A dremel tool with a burr bit works great. I have done both old and new editions of the 350 and one of my 340’s. They will run right with a stock 346xp.

Latest posts