Husqvarna 350 Warranty Issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Funky, what would you suggest to the original poster as his
next course of action? Would you handle this for him?

If he is the orgional owner, any husqvarna dealer should warranty this saw. The techs at husky are fully aware of this problem and even I have repaired a few saws that were over a year out of warranty.

2 bolts? Come on!

The chain isn't really the issue. The issue is the piston and cylinder being scored and it running poorly. I think that I will not use this brand or dealer any longer as they have not been helpful or even offered to do any warranty work. They have been just charging me for helicoiling the threads. This is an issue because 2 bolts, come on. The Timberbear has 4. I saw the predecessor to mine, the 351, and it has 3 bolts holding the exhaust on. I am really disappointed in this company at the moment because I believe this is an engineering flaw. It seems like they didn't want to spend a little bit more money for another bolt.
I have called an Authorized Service Center here in town, not the dealer I purchased the saw from, and I am planning on bringing it there today. They told me they can look at it and they told me it should have lasted longer than 10 months. I hope they can exchange or at least replace it with something that will hold up. Otherwise it will be $350 down the drain. If they can't do anything for me I am going to go to the Better Business Bureau of Oregon and file a complaint with the manufacturer and the dealer.

Well there are birds near the vineyard, better take care of them. BOOM!

Ron, The 351 is a pro quality saw with a mag case etc, mostly the same as the original 346xp, except for the engine.
It was replaced by the 353, not the 350.

There is a reason they put an extra bracket on the mufflers of the pro saws.

Last edited:
Husqvarna 351 Mixup

Someone at the saw shop told me that the the Husqvarna 351 was the predecessor. Apparently he was also full of ####. Well you can't trust everyone. Or anyone? Thanks for the clarification Trollman.

Yes, I figured it would be covered by the 2 year warranty but Mr. Chainsaw told me that we did not maintain the fasteners. They said that I was using in commerically (30 day)but that is not true. We don't use it in that fashion and if I did it probably would have not made it week if I was "logging" with it. I will talk to Husqvarna again and see what they say. Well, it could me an important lesson, I do agree. Don't buy a chainsaw made of recycled milk jugs.

This is the beauty of Dolmar. 1 year, regardless who uses it! Even rentals have a one year warranty. No having to "prove" that you are only an ocassional user.

Sorry Spike:D but that dealer is jerking him around and he needs to find another. I'm sure if he were your customer he would be a happy sawer.:clap:

Absolutely jerking him around. He's not even trying to help him. Either that or he doesn't really know what's going on with the product line that he is supposed to represent.

Little bit of advice to the owner of the saw: When you take it to the other dealer, try not to vent on him cause it's not his fault. Explain what has happened and ASK him if he can help you, and he probably will.

If you call Husky, they will find you a nearby dealer that will handle it for
you, they do that a lot handling disgruntled Lowes/Home Depot/Sears
customers, they would do it even more for someone that bought the saw at a dealer.

I've had quite a few in for loose muffler, two of which burned through at the chainbrake rendering it useless.

Replaced the crankcase, muffler screws, gasket and brake levers, lodged a warranty and no problems.. warranty paid without a query.

I'd suggest as others have, going to Husky direct and asking for the details of another service agent. Go there, explain you have been jerked around by your last dealer and want to get it sorted. Don't loose your temper, stay calm and speak nicely. If they are worth their salt they will know the issue and repair it under warranty. (Warranty rates are reasonable, so there is no reason for them to turn you away because you didnt buy the saw from them)
The only thing I can see being a problem is the fact that the other dealer helicoiled the cylinder. Play dumb and explain the saw was bought from them and you thought they were a service agent - after all you are not pulling the wool over their eyes, it is a COMMON warranty problem.

I've done several for customers who didnt buy their saws from me, gained me new custom plus i'm well paid (by Husky) for my trouble.

If you were in the UK I'd gladly warranty it for you and have nothing playing on my concience, it IS a genuine claim.

Last edited:
Authorized Service Dealer

Hello all,
I have taken the saw to an Authorized Service Dealer a little bit out of town. They do warranty repair work for Home Depot and Jerry's (similar to Home Depot, only better customer service, yet higher prices. I was polite and kind to the people there. They told me that they would have the saw inspected and then they would call Husqvarna and see what they think. They told me it would be a couple days before they knew anything. Which is fine because it doesn't work anyways.

Thank you, to everyone that has helped me understand that I am not alone out here with this 350. It is great to reaffirm my convictions that this is a flawed product. It is also nice to know that someone is out there to assist when trouble arises. Thanks to all.

We will see what happens.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!!!

I wanted to thank everyone here for pushing me towards a new dealer. I took the saw to another dealer and they are granting me a new saw. They do not make the 350 anymore, so they will be giving me a e450, which is similar to the 350. Anyways, thank you everyone here for your strong advice regarding my problems.

Sincerely,
One Happy Arborist

I wanted to thank everyone here for pushing me towards a new dealer. I took the saw to another dealer and they are granting me a new saw. They do not make the 350 anymore, so they will be giving me a e450, which is similar to the 350. Anyways, thank you everyone here for your strong advice regarding my problems.

Sincerely,
One Happy Arborist

Well, there you go, a good happy ending. :cheers:

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Sincerely,
One Happy Arborist

Happy it worked out for you! Maybe you can trade it in for a 353. A much better saw!

7sleeper

Husky is an Odd Bunch, honestly.

Last year a man took his new non-running 350 to Lowes, and they didnt have anymore new ones apparently, to exchange him, so they told him to take it to a Husky dealer. Unfortunarely at the time The husky dealer was so overloaded with repairs he all but ran the guy off...

So he took it to us, told us the story, we pulled the rope, no compression, straight gassed it right out of the box.

We sold him some Oil mix, showed him how to mix it, and called Lowes, told them that he had brought it to us, and we stated what was wrong with it, they said it was no problem..and appreciated our promptness with the matter even though we were NOT a husky dealer. Lowes said to keep the ol 350 saw, and granted the man a NEW one...they paid us a check out fee as well. This was what I was told, it all happened a little before I started working at this shop last year.

I took the saw, polished the piston and rings, honed the cylinder out, put it together and got like 150psi...runs like a champ and just gets stronger as it gets used.

Lowes said to keep the ol 350 saw, and granted the man a NEW one...they paid us a check out fee as well. This was what I was told, it all happened a little before I started working at this shop last year.

You were told wrong I'd wager. Lowe's is not going to send anyone a check that is unasked for and uncalled for.

Latest posts

Back