Husqvarna 353 Chain Brake Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaarneson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can take the chain brake off and it seems fine, but it is difficult to engage the brake and makes aloud clicking noise which it didn't do before. I did clean the inside of the brake and everything and reset the spring. Then it started doing this and I am not sure what I may have done wrong

I can take the chain brake off and it seems fine, but it is difficult to engage the brake and makes aloud clicking noise which it didn't do before. I did clean the inside of the brake and everything and reset the spring. Then it started doing this and I am not sure what I may have done wrong

Does it work? Maybe cleaning all the sound deadening wood shavings makes it sound, well, new again?

That could very well be. The action seems a little off too. Seems a bit harder to engage. But again, maybe that is how it is supposed to be.

Fyi....your muffler bracket is upside down and on this model it is pretty important to have that bracket on there.

Thanks for that. I got it back from a repair shop so I wasn't sure how to put that part back on....It didn't look right. And inadvertently that was the issue with the chain brake. Part of that bracket was blocking the handle from fully engaging.

Thanks so much for your help.

Latest posts

Back