• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
2011 husky 353, starts, runs, revs, idles, oils excellent. Low hours, never used commercially, bought three years ago and cut 8 cord a year plus a little brush work around the house. Comes equipped with a brand new 18", .058, .325 Oregon prolite bar and Oregon bpx chain. Plastic & paint are in very nice condition, I gave a quick hit with the blow gun, a good cleaning could have this saw looking near new.

$375 shipped (paypal gift option or add 3%)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I am as well, a 10 min poor mans muffler mod (hole in the bracket) and these things are nipping at the heals of a 346xp. In due time I think it will sell. It also has a brand new bar and chain too!

Is the 353 based on the same chassis as the 357 or the 346

Its the same chassis as the 346xp, everything is interchangeable, the only difference is the P&C. Similar to the difference between the 545 and 550. A simple muffler mod and its hard to tell the difference.

A good sales pitch to point out would be the husqvarna 353 and 346 have a metal/magnesium crankcase, where-is the other saws husky makes of the same physical size such as the 350, 340, 345, 351 have a plastic crankcase,and a few other cheaper parts such as the crankshaft has a smaller journal by the clutch drum/bearing.

The 353 is a very nicely made saw just like the 346, another thing to point out is the 353 has a 45mm bore which gives it plenty of mind range torque. the later 346 had a 44.3mm bore.

you dont see the 353 model being up for sale very often because it its a very good saw for the money, and they were sold at dealers not big box stores.

A good sales pitch to point out would be the husqvarna 353 and 346 have a metal/magnesium crankcase, where-is the other saws husky makes of the same physical size such as the 350, 340, 345, 351 have a plastic crankcase,and a few other cheaper parts such as the crankshaft has a smaller journal by the clutch drum/bearing.

The 353 is a very nicely made saw just like the 346, another thing to point out is the 353 has a 45mm bore which gives it plenty of mind range torque. the later 346 had a 44.3mm bore.

you dont see the 353 model being up for sale very often because it its a very good saw for the money, and they were sold at dealers not big box stores.
Very good info, except the 351 also has a metal case. It was the predecessor to the 353 and only made for a couple years.

I am as well, a 10 min poor mans muffler mod (hole in the bracket) and these things are nipping at the heals of a 346xp. In due time I think it will sell. It also has a brand new bar and chain too!

I usually get quite a bit less for them when I put them up for grabs. They just don't bring the money a 346 does, even when they've had some tinkering done to them.

I don't understand the green cap thing, a cat muffler can be modded to perform better than a stock non cat in less than 10 min. Green is actually my favorite color.

images

Back