Husqvarna 359 froze up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justsaws said:
As a matter a fact the first four responses were lame and shameful. If you need parts for your saws post it in the correct forum. People wanted to keep the Trading Post from becoming a "dumping ground" but are shamelessly willing to vulture a new member or the un-informed. It is occurring all to often and pathetic.

I'm not seeing anything lame and shameful there, just opinions and yes I did see offers to take the saw for parts. But looking at the description of the saw condition , it does sound like the saw might be all done.

Justsaws said:
On a lighter note, I am aware that I am not a moderator and you are apparently allowed to behave in this fashion so have at it. It does seem to be an easy way around the 50 post rule.

The 50 post rule applies to selling, not offers to buy and I have not seen where that would apply on this thread. Overall, I think he got some good advice on this thread and if the saw is salvagable, I'm sure that the same posters that offered to buy the saw would be more than happy to walk him through a rebuild.

Justsaws said:
Sounds like a lean seizure after not being setup correctly. Easy enough to figure out after tear down. We should offer suggestions to assist a new member, to help educate, and to support the new member before asking to buy what they are having problems with.
This is a great idea where did you come up with it, from my post right before yours?

I think you need to find out what caused the problem before you throw a new top end into the saw. Tear it apart and see what you find. If it is toast I am very interested in the parts please pm me.

buck

It would be different if he asked to sell it or had 50 posts.

If he wishes to sell it 50 posts and he can post it in the proper place.

If he was closer I would offer to assist him in the rebuild. The 359 is a solid saw and unless severe damage has occurred worth rebuilding if not just for the experience.

Sorry to disagree with your postings, but I do.

No you don't disagree with my post, you are just to dense to read the entire thread before you flamed someone.:bday:

perhaps he doesn't feel comfortable fixing, maybe his time is more valuable than what it takes for the parts and the repair. Maybe he would rather invest the time and money from the old saw into a different model because his needs have changed. In fact I think he may be contemplating buying a new stihl ms361, but I don't know because I didn't read the whole thread before I typed this..

I bid you good day sir...

buck futter said:
No you don't disagree with my post, you are just to dense to read the entire thread before you flamed someone.:bday:

perhaps he doesn't feel comfortable fixing, maybe his time is more valuable than what it takes for the parts and the repair. Maybe he would rather invest the time and money from the old saw into a different model because his needs have changed. In fact I think he may be contemplating buying a new stihl ms361, but I don't know because I didn't read the whole thread before I typed this..

I bid you good day sir...

I have read this entire thread many times. You told him his motor was gone and offered to buy it. That is lame. You did not even attempt to help him. You did not even tell him that on Ebay he could possibly get well over $150.00 for his part saw. He might not but he might. Part saws for modern still in production saws can generate some nice money. Properly parted out that saw could easlily generate $200.00-300.00. Hopefully he will sell it to you and that way you can stop hawking the new members.

You asked some other good questions that have not been answered yet perhaps he will answer them and then sell you his saw.

Before he throws in the towel as per your first post he needed more help. Your second post was better but still not as helpful as you could have been if you did not want the saw.

Post the parts you need in the Trading Space. How hard is that?

I bid you good day day now, Sir. HaH -HaH. Soon we shall be dueling smilies.:sword:

rahtreelimbs said:
If you feel so inclined tear into the saw yourself!

Since you have a new 361 time is prolly on your side.

Remember the members here are more than willing to lend a hand.

This could be a good learning experience for you as well as a chance to fix something that may be a small problem!!!

Yep, Nothing wrong with two saws.

Interesting, never meant to come across as a "vulture" or unhelpfull. He came across as he was either done with the saw, due to previous problems with the saw, or taking it to the dealer. Yes, I would help him any way I could in a rebuild. I do not think this is worth spending the money on to have a dealer fix it. Yes, if you have had problems from the start with this saw from the beginning, might be time to take a new aproach.
What I was impling, just worded it wrong.
Andy

Give a little thought to what you feed the 361, 50:1 may get you by, but leaves little safety margin. I don't care what the sawshops say or what is printed in the owners manual, OEM oil is not the best thing for the saw. Beter oil is availible, and does not cost much if any more than OEM when bought by the quart or gal jug.

Justsaws said:
I have read this entire thread many times.

No I told him his motor was gone, if he veryfied it then I would be interested in the parts. What do you think it could be to stop a motor and still be a minor repair. the chances are slim. be honest.... A piston kit will not fix a seized saw. If he had no compression it would be a different story.

So who gave him poor advice?

That is lame. You did not even attempt to help him. You did not even tell him that on Ebay he could possibly get well over $150.00 for his part saw. He might not but he might.

This is another nice assertion. I didn't offer him a price yet and if I did I don't think he would run it by you first. He might get a million dollars for it but I was willing to buy parts with no hassle of ebay. Simple fair, above board.

Part saws for modern still in production saws can generate some nice money. Properly parted out that saw could easlily generate $200.00-300.00. Hopefully he will sell it to you and that way you can stop hawking the new members.

You asked some other good questions that have not been answered yet perhaps he will answer them and then sell you his saw.

This is true and fair, and the order that I intended to progress. I think it is fair to say I have offered more help than I have attempt to buy there junk.

Before he throws in the towel as per your first post he needed more help. Your second post was better but still not as helpful as you could have been if you did not want the saw.

Post the parts you need in the Trading Space. How hard is that?

Not hard, but I am willing to put a wager that I would not get the parts and the thread would drop to the bottom. He had the parts maybe it would have been mutualy benefitial.

I bid you good day day now, Sir. HaH -HaH. Soon we shall be dueling smilies.:sword:

and finally how dare you use my old school rude exit now I will have to find a new quote or do this...

Nescio quid dicas

and as my grandfather used to say

Non illigitamus carborundum
:hmm3grin2orange:

The original poster never came back in to up date us.:confused:

I still feel as I have done nothing shamefull. And aparantly trimmed agrees.

Perhaps we shall just have to agree to disagree.

Justsaws
Die dulci freure

Ps: I hope your hemorrhoids die down. I hear preparation H works wonders.
:laugh:
hahahaha

Your pal
buck

No bones about it

I have timber, but it is not virgin. In other words I didn't just fall off the logging truck. In Texas we have an appreciation for vultures. They help keep the place picked up.:jester:

I am having someone from the forum look at the saw to determing if it is vulture bait, or restorable.

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents.:bang:

my apologies

Things didn't come off the best. if that is how you interpereted it. if you had pulled the jug and posted a picture no one here would lead you astray contrary to what others lead you to believe.

Best of luck with your saw.

Back