Husqvarna 359 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer0419

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I am about to purchase a new 359 and was curious to know if all the 359's are the E-tech models. I see many posts talking about the non E-tech 359'S. I see some with the original grey fuel caps and newer ones with the green caps. Are they different saws or just a cap color difference. Thanks for any and all help...........Jim

The E-tech's have a cat muffler on them. It is the only way you can get them now. Likewise for the 2159 Jonsered.

If you find one one with a grey cap get it , the green cap is the cat muffler. or you can take 10 minutes and gut that cat muffler and not have to go through any trouble to find a non-etech.

Green Caps

I also understand that the green cap one also have a rev. limiting coil.
Is that true.

I dont think that a green cap is the standard for a limited rev coil . My 372XP does not have a green cap but it does have a rev limit coil . I wouldnt want to run it or tach it over max rmp anyway so for me the limited rev coil is not a deal breaker for buying a new saw .

manual said:
I also understand that the green cap one also have a rev. limiting coil.
Is that true.
359 dont have rev limiter,but im not sure 100 %.In service bulletin about cat muffler being installed,they dont mention rev limiter ignition.

I have a 353 with a green cap. No rev limiter, but cat. muffler. I order a non-cat muffler from Bailey's for about 27.00.

I have ZERO knowledge when it comes to motors/engines of any type. Is it as simple as just getting a non-cat muffler and putting it on?

hammer0419 said:
I have ZERO knowledge when it comes to motors/engines of any type. Is it as simple as just getting a non-cat muffler and putting it on?

Yup. two bolts and your set.

Don't know but would think that it may. If you ordered it online, what good is a warranty anyway. From what I read Husky is great about warranty work no matter where it is purchased. They always come up with an excuse of why it blew up.

spike60 said:
The E-tech's have a cat muffler on them. It is the only way you can get them now. Likewise for the 2159 Jonsered.
Over here you can buy them with or without E-tech/cat.
You even have to pay extra for the cat version of both the Huskys and Jreds - not many people buy them.... :laugh:

Last edited:
Rspike said:
I dont think that a green cap is the standard for a limited rev coil . My 372XP does not have a green cap but it does have a rev limit coil . I wouldnt want to run it or tach it over max rmp anyway so for me the limited rev coil is not a deal breaker for buying a new saw .

Right on The only reason for a nonrevlimited coil is if your saw will turn 15,400 RPM and still 4 cycle.:biggrinbounce2:

Fred

SawTroll said:
Over here you can buy them with or without E-tech/cat.
You even have to pay extra for the cat version - not many people buy them.... :laugh:

I figured tree huggers would buy the E-techs with a cat muffler...

Did I say that...ooops. That was my outside voice and not my inside voice wasn't it?

:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back