husqvarna 365 special/xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny3411

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello, i think i figured out which saw i plan to get. the husqvarna 372, or a 365 special, i prefer the look of the 365. my question is, is there a difference in size from the special to the xtorq? is the top cover on the xtorq model bigger to accommodate the xtorq cylinder? if i were to purchase a brand new 372 xtorq model, and then have a older style non xtorq ported cylinder installed on it, would it be possible to then put a top cover from a 365 special onto it? i would then have a brand new 372, non xtorq, that looks like a 365.

The 365 special is non strato but the 365 xtorq is. The 365 special is 65cc and the 365 xtorq is 70. If you want a low top 372 non xtorq buy a 365 and put 372 non xtorq top end on it. I wouldnt bother though. I would grind the baffles out of the 365 xtorq and bring it to 372 power. But it will remain an xtorq. The 365 xtorq and 372 xtorq are nearly the same. The difference is the low top and baffles in the transfer covers on the 365

thank you for reply. if a non strato/non x torq cylinder was installed into a 365/372 x torq model, wouldnt it then be possible to install the low top cover from a 365 special or non x torq, or no go..

Yes, but you will need the entire non Xtorq intake system. The intake system is entirely different on Xtorq 365/372.
Shep

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...429731?hash=item3f7554c663:g:u~cAAOSwr~lYnIY1

Dont know if you made up your mind but this looks like a pretty clean saw. Not much info on this saw but seems to be pretty clean. I have the non x-torq 365 special i purchased off a member on this forum. Had it ported by Carl from Miller's Mod Saws. I only have 1 tank of fuel through it but it does put a smile on my face. The thing chews through the wood. Ive never run a 372 so maybe some experience from some members that have run a 372 vs a 365 special could chime in.

Here is the link to carl running my saw after the port job.

damn about needing entire intake system. thanks for the link show that 365 on the bay. ive been looking. i may just go with a 365 special, and then later have it sent off for a oem ported 372 cylinder. id also like to get one those sugi hara bars for it, help keep it lighter. thats what i keep thinking about in my mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...429731?hash=item3f7554c663:g:u~cAAOSwr~lYnIY1

Dont know if you made up your mind but this looks like a pretty clean saw. Not much info on this saw but seems to be pretty clean. I have the non x-torq 365 special i purchased off a member on this forum. Had it ported by Carl from Miller's Mod Saws. I only have 1 tank of fuel through it but it does put a smile on my face. The thing chews through the wood. Ive never run a 372 so maybe some experience from some members that have run a 372 vs a 365 special could chime in.

Here is the link to carl running my saw after the port job.

not bad, that thing running pretty damn good..

I don't have a view on the technical conversions above, and have never run the 372 or 365xtorq... however, I have a 365 Special that I bought purely to run my Granberg Alaskan Saw Mill... beautiful machine, fires reliably on full choke second pull every time and then first pull no choke - run a dream... I keep toying with the idea of a 70cc or bigger to run the mill... can't bring my self to change it, she's a beauty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I decide on the 372 I willl get one with or install the low top cover like the 365, I like the looks of that smaller package. I have a Husqvarna 350 that I'm currently rebuilding and I wanted a 357 or 359, and at some time I still plan/hope to pick one up. But, for now I want something bigger. And when I found out the 365/372 has inboard clutch I was pretty much certain I found my next saw. Have a question about this Tsumura bar..if its not ok to post this link please let me know- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-18-TSUM...769618?hash=item25bdf57352:g:~WYAAOSwwPhWlCY9. Will that bar fit a 365/372?

Looks like that bar might need an adapter plate to work. Could anyone tell me the difference between the 365/372's and the 385/390's? A 390xp looks like the same as a 365.

If you like the look of the low top 365 buy a 372xpg it's a low top model also.

The 372xp (without the G) usually came with the low air filter and cover as well over here - but for some silly reason they standardized the high top HD set-up (that really was an option) in the US.

Retrofitting the low filter and cover on a US sold 372xp can of course be done.

The 372xp (without the G) usually came with the low air filter and cover as well over here - but for some silly reason the standardized the high top HD set-up (that really was an option) in the US.

Retrofitting the low filter and cover on a US sold 372xp can of course be done.
interesting..thanks for that info. the cover on the 365/372 xtorq's is higher than the cover on a 365 special. would it be possible to install the cover from a 365sp onto a 372x torq? if i installed the older style non xtorq cylinder than there might be a way...but as mentioned the carb and air filter system is diff on the xtorq's

First, you can't fit the low cover without also fitting the low filter set-up.

Second, I don't know if you can cross the "generation gap", between the x-torq saws and the older ones?

really i just need a good clean 365..i will be taking off the cylinder, splitting the case for modifications, i want to make a nice powerful saw that will last. i am not a very tall person and prefer the smaller package of the 365sp. i am just afraid though that i would run into problems with it being made of aftermarket parts...id rather get a oem saw, but..i will just be taking it apart anyway..

does anyone think there would be any problems trying to modify a saw like this aftermarket 365, http://www.ebay.com/itm/332097118316?ul_noapp=true. im not sure if every part is aftermarket on it, or if just some parts are. he did tell me it had an adjustable 65mm carb. but for my main mods i would want to do are, put good ceramic bearings in it, and then a ported 372 cylinder on it along with some kind of muffler modification. or should i just go with a used oem 365? go with a new saw, but aftermarket parts, or a used oem saw..

Latest posts

Back