husqvarna 365 special/xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...429731?hash=item3f7554c663:g:u~cAAOSwr~lYnIY1

Dont know if you made up your mind but this looks like a pretty clean saw. Not much info on this saw but seems to be pretty clean. I have the non x-torq 365 special i purchased off a member on this forum. Had it ported by Carl from Miller's Mod Saws. I only have 1 tank of fuel through it but it does put a smile on my face. The thing chews through the wood. Ive never run a 372 so maybe some experience from some members that have run a 372 vs a 365 special could chime in.

Here is the link to carl running my saw after the port job.

got that saw..does look pretty clean, hope its a good saw, ill let you know when it comes.

got that saw..does look pretty clean, hope its a good saw, ill let you know when it comes.

Trust me you will like it much more than the chusqvarna you were looking at.....i got taken by a shady dealer on ebay and half of the saw was chusqvarna. I chased issues one at a time and ended up swapping everything that was chinese off except the cylinder and the clutch side case (not gonna split a case for it.) the cylinder will come off eventually as I now have an OEM one to replace it...just waiting for it to give me a good reason first.

one thing i can verify, the port timing on the chinese cylinders for the 365/372 sucks.... this thing will not turn like a stock 372xp does (yes I bought a second one that was all OEM). The difference between them is quite obvious as is the power levels.....so enjoy that 365 that is OEM and keep OEM parts on it...you will be glad for many years if you do.

Depending on how good the cylinder is on that saw, rather than pulling the closed port cylinder off and putting a 372 on it you may want to consider just porting what you already have. Mine is very strong now that it's ported.

got the 365 today, along with a pretty nice 357xp. still need to do some cleaning on both. the 357 started up with fresh gas pretty easily, the 365 took a bit. i put new spark plug in, new air filter, and a new decomp valve i had, threw new oil and fuel caps on as well. once i got it running i let it run for a while and got it warm, seems to run alright, idles good, revved up good, cant wait to try it out tomorrow. the 357 runs alright, though wants to bog a bit, will look into that further. will go an try making some cuts tomorrow with them tomorrow. for the 365 i still plan on putting a new cylinder and piston on, gonna go with the xpw cylinder. debating on having it ported now though after looking at it. im sure it would run quite well the way it is. most likely ill still get it ported. i picked up a 372xp x torq carb for it as well. got a set of ceramic bearings for it, though ill prob just go with skf steel, as i hear ceramic can wear out quickly. i got a 8t sprocket for it and will try it out tomorrow with a 18" bar that im hoping will come.

Attachments

• 357_01.jpg
    357_01.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 27
  • Bay_01.jpg
    Bay_01.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Say_01.jpg
    Say_01.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 372xpw_01.jpg
    372xpw_01.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 372_01.jpg
    372_01.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 23
got the 365 today, along with a pretty nice 357xp. still need to do some cleaning on both. the 357 started up with fresh gas pretty easily, the 365 took a bit. i put new spark plug in, new air filter, and a new decomp valve i had, threw new oil and fuel caps on as well. once i got it running i let it run for a while and got it warm, seems to run alright, idles good, revved up good, cant wait to try it out tomorrow. the 357 runs alright, though wants to bog a bit, will look into that further. will go an try making some cuts tomorrow with them tomorrow. for the 365 i still plan on putting a new cylinder and piston on, gonna go with the xpw cylinder. debating on having it ported now though after looking at it. im sure it would run quite well the way it is. most likely ill still get it ported. i picked up a 372xp x torq carb for it as well. got a set of ceramic bearings for it, though ill prob just go with skf steel, as i hear ceramic can wear out quickly. i got a 8t sprocket for it and will try it out tomorrow with a 18" bar that im hoping will come.

Nice looking saws for sure! Good buys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felt like a little kid when ups man came..wasnt expecting to get them so soon. ill try and get some better pictures of them here tomo. got a question, if i want to use the newer x torq carb with that xpw cylinder, does anyone know what intake boot i need..i thought i read i needed to get a different one so the carb will sit correctly

hm, could be something called an accelerator pump in the carb on the 357 thats causing its problems. mine has the exact same problems as others. i purchased a new zama 357/359 carb for my husky 350 build, but could just try putting it on the 357 to see if it cures the problem. i guess its possible to clean the accelerator pump as well though.

Curios, as to why you want ceramic bearings? All the SKF , Nachi, FAG and other name brand bearings will last for a Very Long Time. Just stay away from the plastic retainers (cages)

Latest posts

Back