Husqvarna 365 x torq experience?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Was talking to a guy from the local saw shop and he mentioned he had a 2012 husqvarna 365 in on trade. Used to be a forestry saw and said it's in good shape. (I haven't seen it yet) said $300 is the price and offered to drop it off for me to try.
After my recent 570 debacle, I thought I'd ask for advice first.
What do you guys think of this model? And is the price fair?, assuming it's in decent shape?(Canadian pricing)
Intended use is firewood, felling and bucking.

I just sold a 365 special and I really liked it. They are pretty easy to work on and mods. I'm regretting selling it, and the 372 and 385..... [emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17] I sold mine for 300 so that's a fair price if everything is in order.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My dad bought one two years ago t0 replace a 372xp. He loves it, he has had no problems out of it. He still live in interior Alaska and heats the house with wood. I got him the cold weather kit for it to help in the real cold weather, -25 below and colder.

Good saw at a good price. I would buy it and I already have one.
This saw is very well thought of by Ed Heard, but it doesn't get a lot of respect around here.

Thanks. I'm going to try it out. I recently bought a 570 on the cheap. Seemed like a great deal but it wound up with low compression. Would idle and rev but no power in the cut. I managed to sell it for parts but now I'm gun shy!

View attachment 446830 Ran almost a full tank through it noodling some elm. This thing really seems to run well. Revs right up and I have to really lean on it to bog it down.
When I let go of the throttle, it takes a sec to idle down. The chain stops moving but it takes a few seconds. Other than that, it's mint.
Fatten up your lo side..... just a hair
A lean condition can cause slower return to ldle

I picked it up recently but I don't have any wood to run it in. I have a 20", 24" and 28" bar to run on it. I don't expect much from the 28" bar but I hope the others impress me. I ran it briefly and it needs tuned. It is a little lean on the low and rich on the high side. I hope it impresses when I have some wood to run it in.

Same vintage as mine. Still cant figure out why people are letting them go so cheap. Yours was $300 mine was less than that both seem to be in great working order. I just don't get it. Also get the outer felling spike. It is like $17 at the dealer.

Back