Husqvarna 372XP "Flagship saw" "best saw Husky ever made"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You certainly have ‘my’ attention.
That was quick. :)
I use a balance xt harness for brush cutters. https://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/harnesses/balance-xt-harness/523048201/ I have a carabiner on the handle of the the saw and clip it to the harness brush cutter hook. My back pack is attached to the harness. I use the backpack/harness setup also for brush cutting trails. It allows me to carry food, rain gear, fuel, food, and water in a bladder. The back pack can not have a padded hip belt, and needs to have a carry handle at the top of the pack. This is the pack I use.... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIQSR8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The side pockets are big enough for 1 liter nalgene water bottles of fuel. The bottom back pocket hold my water filter in the summer, and larger back pocket holds my vehicle keys and food. The main body holds spare bar and chain and rain gear and any thing else I may take along or shed on cooler days like a fleece jacket. When I am brush cutting, I let the pack shoulder straps off unless I am hiking in/out carrying the brush cutter. I put the pack shoulder straps on for chainsaw work so the chest buckle doesn't ride up to my neck while using the saw. The harness is designed to have weight on the hook so the chest strap not to ride up to your neck with weight on the back frame. I have been using this setup for about 5 years now and love it.

I love it when I hear someone complain they have to carry a heavy saw a few hundred feet into the woods to cut up some firewood. I do trail maintenance and my gear weight runs 35-40 pounds. Pro Mac 10-10 17-19lb 16"-24" bar and chain. 3 lt water, 2lt fuel, 1/2lt oil. Rain gear, 16" spare bar and chain, file and other tools, days food. I have gone as far as 12 miles with elevation changes from a few hundred feet to over 2,000 feet in a single day. Oh, and by the way, I am 51 years old. You don't have to be a muscle bound weight lifting jock to carry your favorite powersaw to the work site. I am your average 160lb joe who is not afraid to walk 25-40 miles each and every week of the year. Now I do have a method of carrying that heavy saw with out actually carrying it. This method will work for anyone and if you would like to know my secret, just ask. It only takes seconds to have the saw fired up and cutting a down tree and the saw ready again for travel to the next downed tree. So this thread is about a husky saw, even though my favorite saws are Mcculloch, my method of carry involves a husky product.

I'm 6' and 150 lbs on a heavy day, I had a pedometer for a while, it was usually around 25000 steps a day (figure a good 10 miles)... What I *can* do and what's comfortable to do are two different things.. no point in working harder than you need to, choose the right tool for the job.

That was quick. :)
I use a balance xt harness for brush cutters. https://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/harnesses/balance-xt-harness/523048201/ I have a carabiner on the handle of the the saw and clip it to the harness brush cutter hook. My back pack is attached to the harness. I use the backpack/harness setup also for brush cutting trails. It allows me to carry food, rain gear, fuel, food, and water in a bladder. The back pack can not have a padded hip belt, and needs to have a carry handle at the top of the pack. This is the pack I use.... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIQSR8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The side pockets are big enough for 1 liter nalgene water bottles of fuel. The bottom back pocket hold my water filter in the summer, and larger back pocket holds my vehicle keys and food. The main body holds spare bar and chain and rain gear and any thing else I may take along or shed on cooler days like a fleece jacket. When I am brush cutting, I let the pack shoulder straps off unless I am hiking in/out carrying the brush cutter. I put the pack shoulder straps on for chainsaw work so the chest buckle doesn't ride up to my neck while using the saw. The harness is designed to have weight on the hook so the chest strap not to ride up to your neck with weight on the back frame. I have been using this setup for about 5 years now and love it.
Thank you. Does the saw flop around while walking? Steady it with a hand?

I'm 6' and 150 lbs on a heavy day, I had a pedometer for a while, it was usually around 25000 steps a day (figure a good 10 miles)... What I *can* do and what's comfortable to do are two different things.. no point in working harder than you need to, choose the right tool for the job.
You certainly have a point on choosing the right tool. Though, I am also building strength and endurance along the way. One instance I took the saw and a brushcutter up a 2 mile 1200' climb in 40 minutes. Many people I know couldn't do that without the weight in 60 minutes. Suffice it to say, my method isn't just to allow me to carry a heavy saw, it allows me to carry it easily and comfortably and is a good system for anyone. The most positive part of using the harness is it saves my wrists. My day job has destroyed my wrists and carrying a saw for miles even if it is only 10lb (mac mini 35), my wrists hurt bad.

I carry a gps every time I'm on the trail and wear a fitbit watch 24/7. That is how I know my daily/weekly/monthly mileage. The fitbit is darn accurate too. Always +/- a tenth or two of the gps. If your getting 10 miles a day that is awesome, keep it up. I get between 2.5 and 5 miles a day at work even though I have to drive from building to building because of needing tools and supplies handy.

Thank you. Does the saw flop around while walking? Steady it with a hand?
I steady it with a hand, but can walk short distances without holding it. It takes a bit of practice to walk with the right cadence to not cause it to swing around too much. It is nice I can pick up debris off the trail without setting the saw down.

I have a farm, I move a lot of irrigation pipes.. and hay bales.

I have a Pioneer 1073 I find is a really handy little saw.. small package for a 50cc.

I used to hike a fair bit, don't have the time or energy for it anymore. How you carry weight is critical to how heavy it feels.. I found about a 40 lb pack is what I find I can handle comfortably for a decent hike.. It's enough for food, sleeping bag, tent and clothes... If I had to take a saw, I'd probably take my 009L

I used to hike a fair bit, don't have the time or energy for it anymore. How you carry weight is critical to how heavy it feels.. I found about a 40 lb pack is what I find I can handle comfortably for a decent hike.. It's enough for food, sleeping bag, tent and clothes... If I had to take a saw, I'd probably take my 009L
That 009L is pretty cute. Just saw a video of one and the person put on a Mcculloch eager beaver bar. :surprised3:

My pack weight is about 32 summer and 42 winter. I use an external frame with a home made pack body with molly webbing to customize external pockets.

Back