Husqvarna 372XP vs 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my Husky dealers never heard of XPW. either that or he was insulted by me asking and he played dumb.
either way he played it so well, I think he`ll never be able to snap out of the character.

Im with you count, I dont think this cat will ever snap out of it either.....

sometimes "HEAVY" to me equals Quality.
compare a heavy wrist watch to a light one.
sometimes light lead your thoughts to plastic...
not the case here though...

Wouldn't the weight difference be negligible if the 372XPW (75cc) is wearing a 3/4 wrap and small dawgs, like a 372XP?

The xpw, at least around here, comes with the larger clutch cover as well as the dogs and the wrap. Even so, I didn't notice a difference between one and my wrap + non large clutch cover(which clears chips just fine) on my 372xp.

372xpw

UP NORTH in oregon most of our local dealers still have lots of them... but they aint cheap selling them...the 2004& newer saws were built for falling fir in oregon/washington & were 71cc just like the other 372s in 2008&newer they come in 75cc&full wrap bar... but the hp rating only went up to 5.4 from 5.3 due to epe settings factory its very hard to tell the difference in fir/pine wood less than 30"
stuff as the saw dont spend alot of time in the cut as it should be with this much saw ANY 372XP you can get will be more than needed for small pine w/24" bar

What would be a good bargain on a 372xpw new, or slightly used? I am trying to narrow down between an ms460 and a 372xpw. I have as much dealer support either way. I just need a bigger saw. Every time I have been to the woods lately I have needed a 24" bar and it just gets old having to make two cuts with the 346xp.

What would be a good bargain on a 372xpw new, or slightly used? I am trying to narrow down between an ms460 and a 372xpw. I have as much dealer support either way. I just need a bigger saw. Every time I have been to the woods lately I have needed a 24" bar and it just gets old having to make two cuts with the 346xp.

Id guess they sell for 800+ new, but think there getting hard to find. Not trying to talk you out of an XPW, but if 24'' is all your wanting to pull a regular 372xp will do that.....and there a little cheeper and easier to come by.

Where bout you at in east TN?

A good deal on a new one is less than $750. A used one I wouldn't want to pay over about $550. I would buy new for no less than that difference.

Where bout you at in east TN?

In east Knoxville just a couple miles from the COOP. I tried like you know what to make it to the gtg and had to work that Saturday:msp_angry:. It would have been a great way to get to know a lot of people on here that live in and around the area, but just couldn't make it happen. I don't care whats goin on, when the next one rolls around I will be there.

In east Knoxville just a couple miles from the COOP. I tried like you know what to make it to the gtg and had to work that Saturday:msp_angry:. It would have been a great way to get to know a lot of people on here that live in and around the area, but just couldn't make it happen. I don't care whats goin on, when the next one rolls around I will be there.

I know how that goes.I was gonna say if you were closer I have a 372xp you could try and see if it suited you. I dont know for sure, but I think Terry was talking about having another gtg in 4 or 5 months. If you havent bout by then you can run it at the gtg.

ive got a 372xp,372xpw,ms460,ms660 you can come over and try them all out and see what suits you some are even for sale lol

ive got a 372xp,372xpw,ms460,ms660 you can come over and try them all out and see what suits you some are even for sale lol

Wow what an offer! Hopefully I can get up your way sometime! One of the biggest reasons I want a bigger saw is cause I have an uncle that helps me cut firewood and every time someone makes positive comments about my saws (that he runs the whole time while I split by hand and load) he says "Huh! There aint a Husky out there that can out do a Stihl of the same size". I am not brand loyal and around here dealer support is about equal all the way around. The only big Stihl he has ever ran (and it was just for a little while) was a 046 and he bases all his opinions on this one saw. He has an MS250 and ever since he ran my Husky 350 for the first time (about a month ago and we have cut every weekend since) he has not started his Stihl since. He just runs the 350 outa gas and grabs the 346xp, runs it outa gas and by this time I have more fuel and oil in the 350 and it goes back and forth from one to the other. If I could get a good deal on a MS460 I wouldn't hesitate to get one, but I have had really good service outa my Husky's. I have never run a big saw so it would definitely be nice to try one out before I spent money. Thanks for the willingness to help, I really appreciate it!

Wouldn't the weight difference be negligible if the 372XPW (75cc) is wearing a 3/4 wrap and small dawgs, like a 372XP?

I don't think Husky makes a 3/4 wrap, but if the handlebar, dawgs and air filter set-up is the same, I believe the weight is pretty much the same. The differences are small anyway, but you may notise a difference if they all "pull" in the same direction....:msp_smile:

UP NORTH in oregon most of our local dealers still have lots of them... but they aint cheap selling them...the 2004& newer saws were built for falling fir in oregon/washington & were 71cc just like the other 372s in 2008&newer they come in 75cc&full wrap bar... but the hp rating only went up to 5.4 from 5.3 due to epe settings factory its very hard to tell the difference in fir/pine wood less than 30"
stuff as the saw dont spend alot of time in the cut as it should be with this much saw ANY 372XP you can get will be more than needed for small pine w/24" bar

The power rating of the 75cc version actually varied a little, between 5.4 and 5.6 hp - some obvious misprints blurred the picture further.....:msp_laugh::msp_laugh:

Max hp specs are just a small part of the "picture" anyway.

Last edited:
Wow what an offer! Hopefully I can get up your way sometime! One of the biggest reasons I want a bigger saw is cause I have an uncle that helps me cut firewood and every time someone makes positive comments about my saws (that he runs the whole time while I split by hand and load) he says "Huh! There aint a Husky out there that can out do a Stihl of the same size". I am not brand loyal and around here dealer support is about equal all the way around. The only big Stihl he has ever ran (and it was just for a little while) was a 046 and he bases all his opinions on this one saw. He has an MS250 and ever since he ran my Husky 350 for the first time (about a month ago and we have cut every weekend since) he has not started his Stihl since. He just runs the 350 outa gas and grabs the 346xp, runs it outa gas and by this time I have more fuel and oil in the 350 and it goes back and forth from one to the other. If I could get a good deal on a MS460 I wouldn't hesitate to get one, but I have had really good service outa my Husky's. I have never run a big saw so it would definitely be nice to try one out before I spent money. Thanks for the willingness to help, I really appreciate it!

With a 350 and 346 there, I wouldnt want to pick up a ms250 either.LOL

Terry's got some fast saws....

Back