• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 372xpg oe with MMWS Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not cold enough for a heated handle.
It got to -11 in Arkansas last year & my saws ran just fine without heated handles...
Heated gloves, a dime a dozen
thats your opinion, I have owned many heated handle saws there very nice ....even in 30 + degree weather and it has nothing to do with the way the saw runs ...

That's your opinion.
I have no need for either.
Just for asking, ever run a saw with heated handles? I didn’t think I’d like a heated steering wheel or heated seats, but both are what I consider welcome additions to my vehicle. Course I live where it gets real cold (-40 for many mornings last winter) so maybe I have a different perspective.

also, just because you don’t NEED it, doesn’t mean it isn’t nice to have.

Hey Brett....where are you sourcing your files for square grind? BTW....pole barn construction in background looks good!!!!
What's up bud.
I haven't bought a square/double bevel file in yrs, I have a couple square grinders, so the files just get used to touch them up. In the past I've gotten them from @Definitive Dave /CCC on Ebay. If you plan on running square, my advice is buy a grinder early on. The one thing that stinks about going is you need to remove the chains from the saw every time you need to sharpen, I find that I run them a bit longer between sharpening, which means it takes a bit longer to sharpen them. The chain in the video was not a fresh chain, it's done a good bit of cutting, it's on it's third tank.
The barn is going well, just waiting on the trusses, should be here next week. Then I'll jam that out and get the roof done quickly, based on what the materials are costing and the time it's taking to get them, I may be going slower on the rest :rare2::envy:. But I'll keep after it regardless, but I may change where I get some of my supplies from.

What's up bud.
I haven't bought a square/double bevel file in yrs, I have a couple square grinders, so the files just get used to touch them up. In the past I've gotten them from @Definitive Dave /CCC on Ebay. If you plan on running square, my advice is buy a grinder early on. The one thing that stinks about going is you need to remove the chains from the saw every time you need to sharpen, I find that I run them a bit longer between sharpening, which means it takes a bit longer to sharpen them. The chain in the video was not a fresh chain, it's done a good bit of cutting, it's on it's third tank.
The barn is going well, just waiting on the trusses, should be here next week. Then I'll jam that out and get the roof done quickly, based on what the materials are costing and the time it's taking to get them, I may be going slower on the rest :rare2::envy:. But I'll keep after it regardless, but I may change where I get some of my supplies from.
Sounds good. Appreciate the referral. I've been watching a guy on YouTube, Tim Ard.
I think he has been a consultant for both Husqvarna and Stihl for product development and safety training. He's done some recent videos on square grind. The most interesting one recently was taking a round chisel chain and turning it into square grind. He showed some pretty cool chisels which he says are not yet available here in the US. Apparently this is in response to the big hype about the Stihl HEXA chain. I kind of like his explanation on how to simplify the filing process by hand.

Sounds good. Appreciate the referral. I've been watching a guy on YouTube, Tim Ard.
I think he has been a consultant for both Husqvarna and Stihl for product development and safety training. He's done some recent videos on square grind. The most interesting one recently was taking a round chisel chain and turning it into square grind. He showed some pretty cool chisels which he says are not yet available here in the US. Apparently this is in response to the big hype about the Stihl HEXA chain. I kind of like his explanation on how to simplify the filing process by hand.
I seen his videos too, seems to be a good guy who knows his stuff.
The hexa file setup seems to be something that will help make filing easier but I don't know that it will be faster in the cut than round filed. I still want to try it, just have to know for myself :).

Back