• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 390XPW modified

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys- here's a nice 390 I built for my brother but is now up for grabs (the broski is going with a new 395.) It wears a new top end ported by Brad and runs like a beast. It has an 066 Magnum carb instead of the factory Tillotson (WJ-69 with the #72 main jet.) It was built by me with many new OEM parts.
The bottom end is from a smashed '06 saw that I got from another member here. I went ahead and did new seals and bearings even though the old bearings were still good. The wrap handle is new as is the top cover/air filter cover and starter. I have a new OEM clutch cover for this as well.

The muffler is modified but I have a stock muffler if you'd rather have that. The ignition is a new OEM black ignition for 357/359 and the timing has been advanced 5°. Compression is showing around a healthy 185psi right now and will definitely be over 190 after break-in.

It is. Brad really did an amazing job on the top end. I hate to get rid of it but my days of cutting logs full time are over. My cousin wants it but of course he wants it for free.

Dang JJ Your cousin sounds Just like my nephew,,, He always wants me to give him the ones I'm running for free,,, Not today!!!!!

Dang JJ Your cousin sounds Just like my nephew,,, He always wants me to give him the ones I'm running for free,,, Not today!!!!!

Yeah, my cousin is a gypo logger and a fine guy. We did some growing up together and then later we'd be cutting on the same jobs but he thinks that since we're family- I need to be supplying him with saws and parts.

Latest posts

Back