• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 390XPW modified

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen an Italian Mac larger than a DE50 in person. That's a sweet 390XPW you've got there. Somebody's gonna get a great work saw.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a8ef1c7a814a524988256c3b0010d588?OpenDocument
I actually have a minty Mac Titan 70. They're not the strongest 70cc saws out of the box but they're made in Italy and the fit and finish on them is really good. I want the Pro Mac 72 because there's several engineering upgrades over the Titan 70. I found a guy in Italy once who was willing to ship me a 72 but it was going to be real expensive.

Hey guys- here's a nice 390 I built for my brother but is now up for grabs (the broski is going with a new 395.) It wears a new top end ported by Brad and runs like a beast. It has an 066 Magnum carb instead of the factory Tillotson (WJ-69 with the #72 main jet.) It was built by me with many new OEM parts.
The bottom end is from a smashed '06 saw that I got from another member here. I went ahead and did new seals and bearings even though the old bearings were still good. The wrap handle is new as is the top cover/air filter cover and starter. I have a new OEM clutch cover for this as well.

He'll, I like it a lot and I'm a diehard Stihl guy! As always saws from you are smokin... Both Mechanically & Cosmetically. And yes, there are indeed Mountains in Maryland- The Government uses them to hide their Nuclear War Heads! You need to make it here someday- your missing out on some of the best fresh seafood in the US. Shouldn't last long- GLWS :bowdown:

How hard is it to fit that WJ-69 onto a 390xp??? Those husky carbs are expensive and I just scored a WJ-69 for 25 bucks!!!! I have the 72 jet in both my 660's, sweeeeet!!!

How hard is it to fit that WJ-69 onto a 390xp??? Those husky carbs are expensive and I just scored a WJ-69 for 25 bucks!!!! I have the 72 jet in both my 660's, sweeeeet!!!
It's a lot of work. I don't recommend it unless you're really serious about it. There's modifications to the carb body that have to be done and the choke shaft and linkage has to be changed.

Thanks JJ, didn't think it was an easy to do deal. That is a super nice saw!!! If I didn't already have one I would take it!!!!

I still reach for my beater 385 when felling, just in case it gets smashed, it isn't a newer saw!!!

That's disappointing. I clicked on this without reading carefully, expecting to see a "real" saw. A Stihl 390. Not some sort of Snellerized piece of 88cc Swedish magnesium. I've always hated big ported Swedish magnesium!

...Uncle JJ ? is that you ??? wow you look great. haven't aged since the last time i saw you.... ;)
remember me...your Italian nephew from your long lost sister in NJ who had a one night "logger" :confused: with a short order cook from the diner ?:eek:

BTW I'm RedHeaded too !!! ( going for the stepchild thing too... )

Latest posts

Back