Husqvarna 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Grabbed a new one off of E-Bay yesterday for $200 (shipping included), new in the box.

There was a thread running about one a few weeks back, and I put one on my "wish list". I'll be running it against our CS-370 and CS-400, and will post the results.

I'm hoping this saw isn't possessed like the 141 Husqvarna I bought new a few years back. That saw was the biggest POS I've ever owned, it simply would NOT run, no matter what you did to it. Since then I've shied away from the smaller Husky's, fearing I'd get another re-badged Poulan.

I'm hoping 435 puts a whoopin on the little Echo's.

One question, is this saw 37 or 41cc, and what is the power rating? I didn't have a lot of time to research this before the purchase, and what I did find was some somewhat conflicting information?........Cliff

You are correct it has been discussed a few times here. The 435 and 440 are both listed as 40.9cc. The [email protected] and [email protected]. I've looked at IPL's for both saws as others have and piston part number was different between the two saws. Cylinder and carb was same part number for both.

Post up how the saw compares. I have the CS-370 echo also. Not as fast as I'm used to with Stihl and Huskys, but very good torque. Probably will get the 435 myself.

I guess that means you can pick up .2 HP simply by putting in a 440 piston? Wear out the stocker and replace with a 440e?

I have a 440e and its actually a nice little saw. Great for limbing & brush.

Thanks for the info.

The box the saw comes in says 37cc and 2.2 hp, right on the saw itself it says that the engine displaces 40cc. They may have at one time made a smaller version of it, then decided to uses the same basic shortblock for the current offerings.

Upgrading it with a new piston wouldn't be a simple job, as the engine is a "clam-shell" design, and the case would have to be split to do so.

I also noticed that is has bolt on covers over the transfers, so even if the same part number is used for both saws, the porting under the covers could be different with the other piston?

I didn't get a chance to do anything other than fire the saw up and warm it up for a few minutes. I'll do some cutting with it next weekend. Unlike the Echo CS-370 and CS-400 I bought recently, the carburetor settings are close if not perfect. Good thing because it takes some sort of special tool to turn the mixture screws from what I can see.

The saw started on the second pull, and idled and ran flawlessly, other than dumping WAY too much oil, so I'll have to find the adjustment and turn it back some before we start using it.

The choke/ignition switch is neat, and I like the feature where it returns to the run position after stopping the engine.....Cliff

That "special" tool is like a little spline drive and is available on ebay or from your local saw shop if they are good. Mine sold me one for 3 dollars. I added 1/4 turn to the high speed on my 440e. Didn't make much difference other than to get my spark plug closer to a "tan" color I was looking for when doing plug checks. Makes me feel better....

Congratulations on the 435.

Yeah the carb screws are the splined version.
So far I'm very happy with mine. It seems a fair bit stronger than my 141.
Al:clap::clap:

attachment.php

Cliff R, you could be right on the porting.

Nikocker, thanks for the post recently on your new 435 and the info after using it. I'm getting closer to getting one myself. Just got some other deals to get done first. I don't seem to have much in the high performance/professional saws, but got most of what I have acquired by repairs/trades. Bought my husky 49 and 359, and Echo CS-370, traded for the rest.

Latest posts

Back