Husqvarna 44 ignition coil Q.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezec

Reaction score
I welcome, first, sorry for the bad English.
I have a chainsaw husqvarna 44 Practika and it seems that we are broken electronics. Saw has only one electronic ignition module, which I submit to you in the picture below. In Croatia can not find that part, I am interested in whether there is someone on the forum, or knows where it could buy the module.

ImageShack Album - 2 images

Thanks and regards from the Croatian.

Coil husky 44

I have been looking for a few weeks and have had no luck, If I find a source I will pass it on. Please do also. --- might be cheaper
to start over with a different saw.

it might be the ignition module that is bad, not the coil.
this happened to my 44. i changed the module with an aftermarket one and it was fixed.

Hvala Vam na odgovorima....

There saw I got from Germany and is in my garage for 2 years, can not seem to find an electronic module. Otherwise in perfect condition, although it is over 30 years. I was looking for a module over e-Bay but it simply does not have anywhere I tried with the universal electronic chip, but got no spark at the spark plug

This saw has only one module, the one I put in the picture, and only he can spoil in a way that there is no electricity at the plug.

here is link to information: Practica 44 is a figure above, the model with a white cap and orange casing.

Model Profile: 44

Hvala Vam na odgovorima....

There saw I got from Germany and is in my garage for 2 years, can not seem to find an electronic module. Otherwise in perfect condition, although it is over 30 years. I was looking for a module over e-Bay but it simply does not have anywhere I tried with the universal electronic chip, but got no spark at the spark plug

This saw has only one module, the one I put in the picture, and only he can spoil in a way that there is no electricity at the plug.

here is link to information: Practica 44 is a figure above, the model with a white cap and orange casing.

Model Profile: 44[/QUOTE
What is the Serial Number on the silver tag by the oil fill cap? There are 3 different ignition modules and three different flywheels. 1978-1980 use module 501-6815-01 and flywheel 501-4923-01. 1981-1983 use module 501-6791-60 and flywheel 501-6751-01. 1984-1988 use 501-5972-01 module 505-3255-39 trigger unit and flywheel 501-8277-02 flywheel. Yours is probably one of the first two. depending on the coil I may have. Serial Number should begin with 3441 XXXXXX.
Shep

You are correct, the part you are showing is correct, mine is blue also, single coil no ignitor or other parts. --I beleive the correct
part # is 501681501, superceded by 501681502 ---if you goggle it there was some one listing a new part for $139.00 there must be some source for a coil, I see that there is a 44 for sale on ebay that lists no spark price is
29.95 and there are two bids.--- think these bidders know its hard to fix with no spark.?

Sorry, I can't help with that coil. I don't know if it will work but I am going to try changing the flywheel to later model and corresponding coil on my 1979 w/bad coil.
This info is for 44 owners w coil that uses 505-3255-39 trigger unit.
I bought a coil for an OEM coil for a 44,444 PN: 503-8322-01. In the box was a diagram Husky #106 76 42-98. The diagram showed coil PN: 501-5972-01 w/ 505-3255-39 module. You Cut the wire off going to the module and use coil NLA PN: 503-8322-01 this # is RB 506-0272-07 which is RB 544-0183-01 which is coil for 254-257-261-272-55. Having said all that to use the 55 coil you will have to elongate the rear screw slot to get adjustment depth. I hope I haven't confused anybody the way this is written. I tried to scan the page into my comp. but something is wrong w/scan function. If any one needs copy of diagram PM me and I will mail you a copy.
A Husky 55 coil will work on a 44.
Shep

Last edited:
husqvarna 44 ignition coil

Thanks it was very helpfull, I will see if i can find a 55 coil. ---Just can't stand to see a good old saw bite the dust just because it has no spark.

Thanks it was very helpfull, I will see if i can find a 55 coil. ---Just can't stand to see a good old saw bite the dust just because it has no spark.

According to the diagram it works on 1984-1988 models w/trigger unit. However, nothing to loose by trying it on the older ones but a little time to enlongate rear mounting slot and bolting it on. If you try it before I do let me know the results and I will do the same.

Shep

husqvarna 44 ignition coil

Was this the only model they used this coil on?, I there any jonsered model that also used this coil?

Was this the only model they used this coil on?, I there any jonsered model that also used this coil?

It was used on some 444"s.
I'm not up on Jonsered. I do have an IPL for them. I will take a peek and see if anything is close. However, I don't think so. Electrolux bought Partner and I think they incorporated Partner in the Jred line about that time. Post a question maybe some of the Jred guys will know.

Shep

Last edited:
no, no luck with husky 44, but I got OLEO MAC 999f 103ccm 5.0 kW, I'll put pictures. otherwise oleomac is a beast but I have a problem with the chain bar, it is very difficult here to buy the bar for .404 chain... :msp_mellow:

Husqvarna 505325539
IGNITION Your price: $51.20

from a non-sponsor site......starts with parts and ends with tree

husqvarna 44

new to this site and was wondering if i would need to change the flywheel in order to use a 55-ect coil on my 44 as i have a few. was having a problem with my 44 coil. it has no spark when i pull it over slowly. but has spark when i pull faster but sitll wont fire. any ideas? thanks!

To the best of my knowledge you don't have to change the flywheel. If you have spark the coil is probably good. Sounds like you have a fuel delivery or a compression issue.
Shep

Back