Husqvarna 445 broke casing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw48

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a 455 with a broke case by the lower right corner where the spring attaches and the chain throw off guard is at. Saw only has a few hours on it but I don't have receipt for Lowes. It was a gift last Christmas. Any ides on how to fix it? Thank you.

I'm curious how it got broken? This was related to other recent discussions about plastic cased saws and known failures of them.

Wanting to see pics too. I had a 455 come in with a chunk missing from the oil tank under bar mount area in front. IMO chain hit it. I repaired with expoy putty steel stuff to plug hole and then for extra measure used seal-all on top of that in a coating.
Last time I talked to owner said still holding a year 2 later.

I posted pics of repair on CR on another site.

Hope these pictures show up.
Having problems getting pictures in.

6ety9ype.jpg
ery7etun.jpg

Not sure what happened. The plastic is broke there and in the clutch brake housing. Only has a few hours on it. It is a 2011 but seems to have been built cheaper than my 346xp. I will try some of the suggestions. Thank you.

Looks to be related to the A/V spring mount. Did the bar get pinched?

The guy who gave it to me never does any thing wrong. But I wouldn't be surprised. Nice present since he knows I like to mess with them.

i would check the swap meet for a different used case, someone has to have a parts saw. you'll never be able to make it as strong as it once was.

Back