Husqvarna 445 running poorly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorstevens

Reaction score
Scratching my head trying to get my Husqvarna 445 running properly. It will start, but will not rev and eventually dies. Fairly significant smoking and oil on exhaust. Here's what I've done -

- Replaced/inspected air filter, exhaust screen, spark plug, fuel filter.
- New fuel, mixed 50:1 Removed bar and chain to test.
- Replaced carburetor.
- Adjusted high and low screws on carburetor, idle adjustment.
- Compression test read 90 psi, so I inspected piston and noticed what I think was extremely minor scoring. - Replaced cylinder, piston, ring and bottom gaskets to be safe. New compression test read 130 on two different automotive style gauges. This seems low for a new top end, yes? Perhaps my testers are to blame?
- Bottom end passed both pressure and vacuum tests strongly using mityvac at 7 psi.
- Fuel lines and fuel cap both checked out with pressure/vacuum tests.

Any thoughts? This is fairly new to me, so perhaps I am missing something obvious but I'm at a loss. Thanks for your help.

Well, on regular auto engines that problem has to do with ignition. So, your coil pack is probably puking out.

Test procedure explained here.

Scratching my head trying to get my Husqvarna 445 running properly. It will start, but will not rev and eventually dies. Fairly significant smoking and oil on exhaust. Here's what I've done -

- Replaced carburetor.
- Compression test read 90 psi, so I inspected piston and noticed what I think was extremely minor scoring. - Replaced cylinder, piston, ring and bottom gaskets to be safe. New compression test read 130 on two different automotive style gauges. This seems low for a new top end, yes? Perhaps my testers are to blame?
- Bottom end passed both pressure and vacuum tests strongly using mityvac at 7 psi.

Any thoughts? This is fairly new to me, so perhaps I am missing something obvious but I'm at a loss. Thanks for your help.

- Replaced carburetor.

did you ever fix the issue I have the exact same issue now.

Back