Husqvarna 445

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good saw, I have one and use it often. As long as I keep my chain sharp, it will cut just fine. The only thing I don't like is only having one bar bolt.

Good question - looked like it was quite dull!

It could also be that the rakers are way too high. :popcorn:

Listen to this man! He know's his stuff.:clap:
I liked the sound also but was quite disappointed with the progress. There is a saying in German: A lot of noise about nothing.

:cheers:

what chain on a 445?

My 435 came with .325 NK H30, seems to a good choice for lighter saws.
I got around to starting the older 52 cc Makita DCS 520 earlier, have
it rigged with a .325 NK B&C from Baileys and a 8 pin rim, it will rip through
limbs like slicing bologna.

My 435 came with .325 NK H30, seems to a good choice for lighter saws.
I got around to starting the older 52 cc Makita DCS 520 earlier, have
it rigged with a .325 NK B&C from Baileys and a 8 pin rim, it will rip through
limbs like slicing bologna.

The H30/95VP is the stock chain on the 445, and it basically is a good choise on that model. The chain model is not the problem - but he said it was an old one, so lack of proper filing probably is! :)

Last edited:

This was more of an experiment just to see if I had the knowledge to make a video. Yes this was an old chain, however the camera I was using is well past it's prime.I use this one to trim fence posts ext. Prior to turning on the camera, I cut three limbs that were on the ground. I may have tagged something.Ken

i'm pretty happy with my 445, it's a nice little saw. bought it before i had much else and i like my 25+ year old bigger huskies but this one always runs and it may take a little longer but it gets through anything you want it to, has some nice features too. i was skeptical of the single bar nut but haven't had a problem so far. otherwise it has a good set of nuts.....with a sharp chain.

Back