Husqvarna 455 rancher2 autotune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, mine shipped and they'll be here Monday.

So, what'cha think?

I actually like it. The improvements are nice. I still don't know what to think about these though....

[video=youtube;fxzEscxApPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzEscxApPc[/video]

Here are some pics:

3FE65D50-F854-442F-B53D-7DED003D132E-313-000000162A921537.jpg

FCF90817-D970-47B4-8ABD-D77C2E1DE8A1-313-000000162F9426BC.jpg

CAAB5691-F5D4-4727-87F7-B650C3587441-313-00000016343082F1.jpg

12FABFBF-93FB-4F87-8EAF-C604E5606841-313-0000001638BDB246.jpg

Will that tank take the standard cap, or did they change the casting for the saw world's newest stupid idea?

I'll check, but I do believe the threads are different, thinner on the new caps. I like that they screw in and use the standard style gasket versus a "line it up perfectly and hope it locks" type of flippy. It's nice that they use a steel pin to connect the pieces of the flippy as opposed to just being all plastic. I'll check it out and get back to ya.

Even though this is a 455 Rancher it will be a dealer only saw, correct? If Husqvarna promotes this saw, it should be a big seller for the dealer to the masses.

Even though this is a 455 Rancher it will be a dealer only saw, correct? If Husqvarna promotes this saw, it should be a big seller for the dealer to the masses.

As far as I know it is dealer only. I'm not so sure it will be a big push to the dealers. The masses aren't informed on AT at this point and probably won't be unless they come to the interweb forums :msp_biggrin:

I'll check, but I do believe the threads are different, thinner on the new caps. I like that they screw in and use the standard style gasket versus a "line it up perfectly and hope it locks" type of flippy. It's nice that they use a steel pin to connect the pieces of the flippy as opposed to just being all plastic. I'll check it out and get back to ya.

While this seems less than ideal, I have to agree with you. My primary beef with the Stihl caps is the need to line them up and start them in the right place and then get all the gaskets seated at the right depth etc. If these just screw in then they are not the end of the world. I hope there's some sort of metal attachment and reinforcement band in the loop though, otherwise I imagine they will break. Also it would have been nice if they put like an override screw driver hole in the center.

Boy, that saw should be a total home run for Husqvarna. Keep good quality fuel in it and keep a sharp chain you've got winner for the average firewood guy.

lol.............. what are all the flippy cap haters going to dooooooo?

It is a standard cap with moveable handle. :msp_wink:

The issues I have with the flippy cap are the cam O-ring mechanism. They leak.

P.S I love flippies until they become floppies. They work great til they don't lol

Strato + AutoTune for the masses - I like it! What is the MSRP? I don't see them on the web site.

And a screw cap with a flip up handle isn't really a flippy cap. << hopeless cause

Last edited:
As far as I know it is dealer only. I'm not so sure it will be a big push to the dealers. The masses aren't informed on AT at this point and probably won't be unless they come to the interweb forums :msp_biggrin:

For that matter, the masses aren't well informed that you can or need to adjust a standard carb saw.

Caps are also interchangeable. If you don't like the flippies then swap em out. But these flippies seem really cool. I think I'll put em on my other saws :rock:

D8D3C1C1-A952-434C-932A-2039897D0373-313-0000001C80DEEF71.jpg

318351FF-5367-48BC-A832-3AF8EACD9C8F-313-0000001C858F8674.jpg

Price point is $450 with a 18" bar and $460 with a 20" bar.

There will be 460 and 465 RancherII's coming out. I highly doubt they will see much for sales, but ya never know. I still haven't seen pricing for those models yet, but if they follow the same gaps as the standard Ranchers did then you're looking at ~%510 for a 460II and ~$560 for a 465II. That's getting pricey for a "homeowner" saw IMO, and no longer makes it a cheap saw for commercial guys to not care about destroying.

Latest posts

Back