Husqvarna 455 rancher2 autotune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, we have to call the boys in Sweden now and tell them the saw specifically designed for you isn't getting any love..... Time to start fresh on the drawing board boys :msp_w00t::givebeer:

The plastic cased Ranchers hardly fit very well in our market, just like the Stihl counterparts.....:msp_wink:

The plastic cased Ranchers hardly fit very well in our market, just like the Stihl counterparts.....:msp_wink:

This is one of these things where we have to assume they have sales figures and market research and all sorts of stuff to justify their decisions....pretty sure a company that does hundreds of millions or billions dollars worth of sales a year doesn't just guess what to do.

This is one of these things where we have to assume they have sales figures and market research and all sorts of stuff to justify their decisions....pretty sure a company that does hundreds of millions or billions dollars worth of sales a year doesn't just guess what to do.

Likely why the MS290 and 310 never was marketed here, and no Husky dealers are stocking the 455? :givebeer:

He means that your country's population is so small the "market" is small, so it isn't really even a market.
At least that's what I thought. ;)

That wasn't how I read it, but actually there are more Norwegian related people in the US than there are in Norway, almost halv the population emigrated between about 1820 and 1920....

That wasn't how I read it, but actually there are more Norwegian related people in the US than there are in Norway, almost halv the population emigrated between about 1820 and 1920....

:msp_scared:

I actually think the box stores would benefit going to autotune saws. For one, the one's around barely know how to use a saw much less adjust the carb. #2 is a lot of people will go buy a new saw, cut up one tree that blew down in their yard and take it back for a refund and tell them its defective. With the autotune you could see just how many hours of use was on the saw and the settings on the carb and stuff. Of'course I doubt the box stores here could figure out how to use the software either......:dizzy:

Boy oh boy, this sure is an active thread for the plastic rancher that lot's of folks like to poke fun at. :msp_biggrin:

Truth is, I no longer try and talk the typical Rancher customer into something else. Yeah, there are other saws that are lighter and/or have more power. But the bottom line is the Ranchers are very reliable, nearly foolproof saws that will do what customers need them to do with little to no fuss. Easy to start and they run and run and run.

The only negative with the Rancher II auto-tune is that it will likely be a sales dud as long as the standard 455 is available. The usual Rancher customer, even if he understands auto-tune, isn't going to pay more for the improved model.

The 450 rancher isn't really a rancher. It's just a standard every day 450 with "farm tough" written on the bar. This is nothing more than an effort to hang on to the $399 price point at Lowes now that the 455 has gone beyond it.

Have you heard anything about when they will be? Will it be the usual Husq. Canada delays so we'll see them sometime next year.

Mother Orange is the ones that make those decisions, not Husqvarna Canada. Will be the same as any other new model comming out and likewise what happens with the older models.

Remember when you were getting all them 372xpxt's...........

Likely why the MS290 and 310 never was marketed here, and no Husky dealers are stocking the 455? :givebeer:

It is very difficult to find the 455 outside of North America, something our friends in the US fail to realize. Yet it is the number one seller in North America, likewise with the MS290.

Back