Husqvarna 465 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa firewood cutter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i got myself a new saw yesterday:) it is a 465 rancher, I haven’t heard anything bad about theses saws, do any of my fellow members have one or have an experience with one?

I thought about getting one, instead I bought a home depot rental makita 6421. There wasn't much out there on the web about them. I like the auto tune, dislike plasticy clamshell. I would like to hear people's experience as well.

The 460 Rancher in my opinion is an excellent, excellent saw. It has always beaten every Stihl saw I've ever picked up for either the weight or the money. A little more displacement is good on the 465.

My family has used the hell out of one for over 10 years and it's only needed a clutch drum because the sprocket wore out. It is by and large the most reliable piece of equipment I've ever owned.

A fella I know runs a tree service and the 460 Rancher is his go to mid weight saw in the bucket and on the ground. He finally cracked the plastic handle by the clutch cover after 5 years of hard daily service in a pro environment. Only thing besides gas and oil he's put into it is a carb adjustment after it quit running one day. I'll let him know about the 465 :).

If the 465 can live up to my experience with the 460 it should be a great saw.

I have owned my 465 for about 9 months now. I have ran over 5 gallons of fuel with it this season. Only when trying to cut up chestnut logs did the saw ever really bog down. It is so easy to start and operate. It is my absolute favorite saw for midsized jobs. This next 3 acre plot has a lot of great hardwoods I will get to drop and really looking forward to running the 465 as hard as it can run.

I have owned my 465 for about 9 months now. I have ran over 5 gallons of fuel with it this season. Only when trying to cut up chestnut logs did the saw ever really bog down. It is so easy to start and operate. It is my absolute favorite saw for midsized jobs. This next 3 acre plot has a lot of great hardwoods I will get to drop and really looking forward to running the 465 as hard as it can run.
I have the 460 and a 350 that’s been slightly modified, the 350 is by far a better Saw! Still haven’t tried the 465.

Latest posts

Back