Husqvarna 50 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you guys may have explained this a little before but i just want to clarify for my one knowledge. A husky rancher55 will except a partner 5000 top end and transform it into a killer saw. This only works on the 50 51 55 saws but will it also work on the "rancher" version?

I know you guys may have explained this a little before but i just want to clarify for my one knowledge. A husky rancher55 will except a partner 5000 top end and transform it into a killer saw. This only works on the 50 51 55 saws but will it also work on the "rancher" version?

the 55 and the 55 rancher are the same saw..with the exception of an added bucking spike on the cover, and a change from .325 pitch to 3/8, and the required bar and chain...

and of course, the decals :)

old white top

I found a deal on a old white top 50 rancher, will the cylinder off the 500 fit, and will it give the same performance as the 5000? What about a Johnsred 490, i read some where a fellow thought it would?? Thanks again for all the info. Matt

I found a deal on a old white top 50 rancher, will the cylinder off the 500 fit, and will it give the same performance as the 5000? What about a Johnsred 490, i read some where a fellow thought it would?? Thanks again for all the info. Matt

AFAIK, the 500 is NOT the same cyl as the 5k...

SUPPOSEDLY the 490 j-red cyl is the same...but I HAVE NOT verified that personally...

I HAVE YET to build one of these... but have a 55 Rancher that needs some odds/ends and has a smoked top end..but is low hrs..

I've debated on whether to rebuild and sell, and find a older 51 or? or mod this saw..

MAtt, what ya get the 50rancher for? pics? where did you find? :D :clap:

good score.

J

I got it in a kinda trade, i fixed my brother in laws car so he owed me money then while he owed me the money i found it on craigslist for sale. I told my bro in law to get me the saw and id take a little off of his bill. I already tore it down the guy straight gassed it and fried the ring into the piston. I was able to clean the aluminum off the cylinder but it has one score into the wall that runs from the top of the exhaust port to the top of the cylinder. A ring is 5.50 so im just gonna clean up the ring land and polish the piston throw it back together and see what the carb looks like. ultimately I want to put a real top end on it but untill i find one im gonna play with this thing. When i go to open up the ports its up on the exhaust and down with the intake right ;) , I also need a muffler for this thing, the old one was cracked and caused the white top to melt a little :( . I wish there was a aftermarket top end kit for the P5000. That would make it soooo much easier.

I got it in a kinda trade, i fixed my brother in laws car so he owed me money then while he owed me the money i found it on craigslist for sale. I told my bro in law to get me the saw and id take a little off of his bill. I already tore it down the guy straight gassed it and fried the ring into the piston. I was able to clean the aluminum off the cylinder but it has one score into the wall that runs from the top of the exhaust port to the top of the cylinder. A ring is 5.50 so im just gonna clean up the ring land and polish the piston throw it back together and see what the carb looks like. ultimately I want to put a real top end on it but untill i find one im gonna play with this thing. When i go to open up the ports its up on the exhaust and down with the intake right ;) , I also need a muffler for this thing, the old one was cracked and caused the white top to melt a little :( . I wish there was a aftermarket top end kit for the P5000. That would make it soooo much easier.

I know a guy on here that has a jred 490's for sale. I didnt buy them cause i was short on cash.....

hone it and run it... you'd be surprised... i had a h-350 that a local guy told me the cyl was trash...pulled 170psi...

it's in use a a great limbing saw now...

BE CAREFUL how much you take out...

wider is better...stay within 2mm of the skirt width.

go up (on the exh) only as much as you lower the jug (by removing the gasket.... anything more than 1/2 a ring width is probably too much...

this is NOT a 4-stroke engine!! you change the ceiling (on exh) and floor (on int) and you put in 'hi-po cam in' , basically.

you wouldn't want a top-fuel dragster cam in your grocery-getter, right??? :clap:

J

I know a guy on here that has a jred 490's for sale. I didnt buy them cause i was short on cash.....

why do you guys put all these ideas in my head???:hmm3grin2orange:

im probably going to have to lower it now, what do you use to seal it without a gasket. Permatex spray? I might have been a little too aggressive with the exhaust going up. Id say its been raised 1mm and my ring is 1.5mm. I looked at a few others pictures and now i realize wider is better. I don't need another grocery getter saw, i have enough i got this saw because it was already blown up and i figured it would be good to learn/play on. It is about in the same class as my 026 so i figured id put the "biggest lift cam" in this one. my 026 is all stock and pretty sad when used after my 362xp. I want something light and little and a whole lot of WOW. Thanks for all the info im like a sponge right now. there is a guy at work that races 2 stroke go-karts and he is a little bit of a jerk and not much help. It pisses me off because I know that he knows what to do but he will not share the knowledge. thanks again -matt

This thread has my wheels turning.. as I have 2 husky 50's a 51 and a 55..... this could lead to total insanity and a really bad case of cad! (already have the cad)

Latest posts

Back