Husqvarna 545, which bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I recently bid on a NIB 545 on eBay. I didn't mean to, it just happened, you know. Anyway I ended up getting it and was thinking about a sugihara or tsumura 18" bar for it. I have read a couple posts about sugihara not working well on saws with captive bar nuts. Supposedly leaks bar oil into the chain tensioner holes and out around the bar nuts. Does anyone have a sugi on a 545/550 that can verify this?
The tsumura is cheaper, but I kinda like the looks of the sugi but don't want it if it doesn't oil properly. Thanks for your help guys.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The leak is not an issue at all and they oil fine. I had a Tsumura on my 550xp and the little that leaked was absorbed by saw dust and chips on the saw.

It leaks a little around the bar nuts and it gets soaked right up and the oil that is absorbed just falls off with the dust.

The leak is not an issue at all and they oil fine. I had a Tsumura on my 550xp and the little that leaked was absorbed by saw dust and chips on the saw.

It leaks a little around the bar nuts and it gets soaked right up and the oil that is absorbed just falls off with the dust.
Have never heard of this. My brother has a 550 with a Sugi and it works just great. Haven't noticed any leaks that are unusual.

Would you recommend sugi or tsumura?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back