• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 55 closed port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PULLINmyPOULAN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_20141005_195434264.jpg IMG_20141005_200004409.jpg IMG_20141005_200121085.jpg IMG_20141005_195010050.jpg IMG_20141005_195247323.jpg IMG_20141005_194317382.jpg NCM_0187.JPG NCM_0185.JPG Selling my Husky 55 purchased from another member here a few months back.I bought for a backup saw only cut 3 or 4 cookies with it.Saw starts runs cut oils as it should still needs to be broken in.Compression is 160. Saw will come with a like new cub cadet branded bar and 2 used chains.I only run 100% gasoline no ethanol in my tools.This would make a nice firewood saw.Saw is not perfect has light scratches also has some muffler and chain rash as seen in pics.Recently purchased another saw that I can't keep my hands off.Price is 250 shipping included to your door in the lower 48. Here is post from former seller along with current pics.
Up for sale is my 1997 Husqvarna 55 with closed port cylinder. I bought this saw used recently and have run about a tank of fuel through it. It has a new top end, piston, cylinder and rings, all aftermarket non oem, not sure which brand as the work was done by a saw shop that was local to the previous owner. The tank has been flushed, and a new gas and air filter have been installed. There are just shy of three tanks of fuel through this saw since the new top end and she is just starting to wake up. It starts, runs, idles, and oils without issue, but stills needs to be broken in. The plastic and the condition of the saw is as good as I have seen for a Husky 55, I think the pics will speak for themselves.

Nice saw. Been well taken care of. This a very underrated saw. They are very good runners.

Good luck with sale! :)

If the top end has been changed, the closed port piston and cylinder are gone and probably why it isn't moving. To verify if the cylinder is in deed an open port model, look under the compression button, there should be some marks on the cylinder. The closed port model had 6 plus signs stamped into the jug, the open port model has no special marks.

Picture of the closed port cylinder, decomp port above the markings
https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...5-with-a-45mm-piston.242092%2Fpage-3;577;1024

I would rather not pull the cylinder off a good running saw that has good compression just to please a few others.I will have no problem hanging on to it if it does not sell.

Back