Husqvarna 550XP boat anchor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I can assume by your comments that you are a Dealer or a Husqvarna employee? Do you even own one of these saws?

So, WOW...blaming the operator!!
Just so happens, I have an Husky XP254 and a 125L weed whacker that are 25 years old and work perfectly....do you suppose I am not "operating" them properly?
I am guessing if I was to pull one of these beauties apart I would find the bearings are steel.

BTW....In Canada, the cost of a new saw (550XP) is $1000 (that's CDN $), cost to have the saw repaired at the dealer is $600 (again CDN$). Would you spend $600 to install plastic caged bearings in anything with a gas motor?

Husqvarna is now putting out cheap crap. If I am reading the posts correctly, Husqvarna is not the only one making crap products.
Don't you think a class action against Husqvarna wouldn't send them all the message that they need to stand by their products?

Not sure if mine is the MK-II, it might be the earlier version...at this point it doesn't matter
If Husqvarna had to come out with a second version, obviously they realize there is problem with the first. But what have they done for the poor suckers like me that bought the crappy version.....nothing.

I suggest that both Versions are crap and in time you will realize that too...if you even have one!!
My 2 1st Gen. 550xp’s are my go to’s.... best 50cc saw on the market IMO!! 1 is bone stock other I got muffler mod and popUp piston and I widened exhaust port to about 65% of piston width and gasket delete.... (note: to do gasket delete there’s some small dremel work to be done to get cylinder to set flush on case as well the bottom two holes on muffler need wollered out.. don’t try force bolts in) but I’m telling you it woke it up and that thing is a screamer and it hogs wood like my ported 372xp well I’ve got 19 husky’s lol from a 41 to a 395xp my ported 266xp is a mâmmâ jâmmâ too!! But both 550’s are beast stock an modified

Back