Husqvarna 555 vs. 562xp -- which is actually 11.8 lbs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powerhead only? You weighed it?

Charlie

Several have done that, including a independant test lab - 12.9 lbs is about as close to the truth as you can get for the 357-family. Some models may be 12.8 and others 13.0, and cat mufflers will result in a slightly higher weight than standard mufflers will.

As far as I know, the reason the specs are so far off is that they beefed up the case at a very early stage, but "forgot" the change the specs accordingly.

Last edited:
So that means Stihl is only 10 years behind.

Pretty much.
But then the 362 is still behind the 262, so they are consistently heavier and slower than a 10yr old Husky at certain points.

But toss in the EPA mandates and it's a new ballgame to be fair about it.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Pretty much.
But then the 362 is still behind the 262, so they are consistently heavier and slower than a 10yr old Husky at certain points.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

254 was the #1 selling saw in Canada for a few years. Great saw, if the 261 can equal it, it will be a winner.

Only trouble with the new Huskys will be the price in Canada. $800 won't get you a 346 where I am.

254 was the #1 selling saw in Canada for a few years. Great saw, if the 261 can equal it, it will be a winner.

Only trouble with the new Huskys will be the price in Canada. $800 won't get you a 346 where I am.

Yah, you Canucks get clobbered on the Huskys so bad, they could bring out a 6hp 10lb 50cc saw and they still wouldn't sell as well.

You guys have somebody in Govt. getting a fat kickback from Stihl? LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

So that means Stihl is only 10 years behind.
Pretty much.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

10 years????? :confused:

- more like 20 years!

Last edited:
I love reading these posts especially from sawtroll and others who were arguing with me when I said that STIHL screwed up by not upping the cc's on the MS261, MS362, MS441.

JUST LOVE IT

Eat your words.
:clap:

I believe the "Revboost" is about fast accelleration/trigger responce only, and has nothing to do with max power?

I have heard that "revboost" has nothing to do with accelleration/trigger responce! The "husky guy's" i've talked to say that "revboost" is quick temporary top rpm's! but time will tell....

the new husky's sure looks like interesting machines!! ..... IF the spec is right!:msp_rolleyes:

I have heard that "revboost" has nothing to do with accelleration/trigger responce! The "husky guy's" i've talked to say that "revboost" is quick temporary top rpm's! but time will tell....

the new husky's sure looks like interesting machines!! ..... IF the spec is right!:msp_rolleyes:

That is what I have learned in the meantime - you quoted an old post.

Latest posts

Back