What's your saw weigh fully prepped?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchipps

Arboristsite Member
Reaction score
Thought it'd be interesting to know what various saws actually weigh with Bar & Chain, FULL of gas and oil, and ready to go.
Might even be useful for anyone comparing various brands & models prior to purchasing, since specs only reference empty power-head.

"Remember to top off your gas & oil before weighing, and include your bar length in description"

I'll start it off with mine (weighed on a digital postal scale)
Husqvarna 272XP -w/ 20" bar & chain - 19.1 lbs (5.2 HP)
Husqvarna 55 - w/16" bar & chain - 16.2 lbs (3.3 HP)
Husqvarna 141 - w/16" bar & chain - 13.4 lbs (2.6 HP)

Advertised HP specs are from acresinternet

Shite a brick- by the time I filled the fuel and oil tank of EVERY saw to weigh them, I'd be a couple of hundred dollars in the hole! :laugh:
Can we do it in blocks of brands? All the Stihls, then all the Husqvarna's and then all the Jonsereds?
Dry weights, full weights, does little for me- they only weigh heavy if you have to carry them a LONG way, it all balances out in the cut.
Besides- we use the metric scale and that would just confuse most of the readers.

Calm down Bob, you're welcome to opt out.
I simply thought it'd be interesting to see the various "actual" weights of some common use saws.
For instance my 272xp shows a spec weight of 13.7 lbs. "dry power-head" - (that's 6.2 kilos for you metric people)
Wow, that was so confusing :crazy:
Anyway, when it's fully fueled, with just a 20" bar & chain, the weight is nearing 20 lbs. (9.0 kilos) :crazy:
Pretty significant difference from the "marketing" spec weight.

When hitting the woods after taking time off my first day cutting is a half day to start to limber up. My second day and third day are full days but in throttle back mode. But the forth day I was tossing the 2100 around. That’s 25# it’s like hitting the gym at the same time. The weight never bothered me. But a good hot shower at the end of the day helps loosen muscles up too.

Latest posts

Back