Husqvarna 562 XP - Autotune trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terpjr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 562 XP that is having trouble idling, sometimes, and re-starting hot sometimes.
The saw runs great, plenty of power, and...for the most part...runs as it should.
Sometimes, however, it has trouble idling between cuts and then is difficult to re-start.
It is winter here and I heave read about the saw needing to be re-set at the change of season.
I tried cutting for 5 min at full throttle but it did not change performance.
Any tips?

It likely isn't Autotune trouble, but carb trouble. Does the saw have an EL-46 carb?

Hopefully your 5 minutes WOT was in decent sized wood, and not out of wood.....

I will have to go out to the shop and look.
It is a 2013...first season with it was great...now in 2nd season has been giving little bits of trouble....
If there is carb trouble, can it be cleaned/rebuilt like any other, or am I best taking it to my dealer since computer stuff is involved?

If it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer. There have been 3 different carbs on that saw so far. EL44, EL46, and EL48.
If yours has the 46, that's most likely your problem. The EL48 is the newest carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...now the question is...where is this carb model # marked? Don't want to tear anything unnecessary apart.
Alsoo...when did Husky begin to use the 48 carb?

I believe the el48 was introduced mid 2014. Could be wrong. The model will be printed on the side of the carb body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2260 ,that I bought in the fall of 2013, has an EL46 carb and ran great until recently. Now, it developed the off idle hesitation issues. I sent it back to Tlandrum for the up grade.

Termite-
thanks for the info...
was this upgrade covered by your dealer/warranty? If not, how much did it cost? Did it solve your problem?
Typically, what is Husqvarna's and most dealership's take on this issue? If the EL46 is a known problem then I would assume that this would be covered regardless of age of the saw?

Back