Husqvarna 562xp W/Autotune....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the Husqvarna Autotune diagnostic program. I ran into a newer autotune saw today and I need the diagnostic software / cables to properly diagnose it. I found them online for sale but I am wondering if I buy it can I get the updates? Or are they only available to servicing dealers?

The saw is a Husky 562xp with no spark. Guy was cutting. Shut off the saw to move some branches and it wouldn't restart. I read a few articles online that stated it may be the coil. I did try a new plug and I did a basic check of the coil wires.

You can buy it, but it is pretty much worthless. To use this Husqvarna CSD you need dealer accsess. As I`ve read somewhere in the past weeks, the software is not included anymore in the kit, it has to be downloaded from the dealer portal. You have no chance to do that without being a dealer and having an accound.

Humm.. so how does a owner diagnose problems on these new saws? Or even a small business owner? Is there an aftermarket alternative?

For the most part problem diagnosis is the same for AT/MT saws as older standard saws. They still share mostly the same parts/components. I'd be looking at the coil, plug wire and ignition system in general. What you would do for a regular saw with no spark. Start there before buying fancy tech that may be of non use.

Traditional service work is done the same way as on saws without autotune or m-tronic. CR888 is right with his post. There is no aftermarket solution for that diagnostic technology availible.

Okay but how do I test the coil when the wires are molded into the back of it? Usually you disconnect the ground and look for spark. How do you do it on this particular saw?

I have a question regarding the Husqvarna Autotune diagnostic program. I ran into a newer autotune saw today and I need the diagnostic software / cables to properly diagnose it. I found them online for sale but I am wondering if I buy it can I get the updates? Or are they only available to servicing dealers?

The saw is a Husky 562xp with no spark. Guy was cutting. Shut off the saw to move some branches and it wouldn't restart. I read a few articles online that stated it may be the coil. I did try a new plug and I did a basic check of the coil wires.
It’s the coil my buddy’s 550xp did the same thing. They should replace it for free or at cost because it must be a common problem with them.

That's what I'm leaning towards but I'm curious if there is a way for me to test it before I take it down to the shop. In case I ever run across another one of these again I would like to know how.

That's what I'm leaning towards but I'm curious if there is a way for me to test it before I take it down to the shop. In case I ever run across another one of these again I would like to know how.
You should be able to test it with a multi meter and read the resistance across the coil. Although I dont know what the range is for a Husqvarna coil , you may have talk to Husqvarna and see. Or if you have access to another saw test it.

Okay. I do have a multimeter so I would be interested in seeing if anybody has the numbers that I need to test for. I do not have another saw to test the coil on.

You can test it with a multimeter but I’m not sure how accessible it is with your setup.
Okay. I do have a multimeter so I would be interested in seeing if anybody has the numbers that I need to test for. I do not have another saw to test the coil on.
hopefully someone here can chime in. Hope you get your saw going again , keep us updated. There are a few videos on YouTube about ignition coil testing and should help you out. A lot of videos are not about saws but the theory is the same.

Youll also have to make sure your kill switch wire is unhooked as well to get an accurate reading.

I may end up taking it to the Husqvarna shop and having them test it. The guy wants his saw back up and running and I would hate to throw a coil at it and not have it be the fix.

One last bump before I take it to a shop. Anyone know what readings a good / bad coil will have?

Latest posts

Back