Husqvarna 570 new to me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
image.jpg I've been lurking the interweb looking for a bargain pro style saw around 70cc. It seems there are lots of deals on smaller saws that homeowners typically buy. The larger saws seem to be image.jpg scarce because the people who know what they are, know what they're worth.
Well tonight was my night, an ad popped up for a husqvarna 570 for $200. I emailed and offered 100, guy came back at $120. Guy says it leaked fuel and probably needs a fuel line. I showed up and looked it over, guy pours in some fuel from a husqvarna premix bottle and it fires up after 3 pulls and sounded good enough for my buck twenty. Brought it home and put it to a gnarly piece of maple that my splitter wouldn't touch and it chewed through like nothing pulling big ole hickory stick lookin chips! Brand new 18" bar and chain on it. Missing bucking spike though. I'm tickled to death with my new bargoon saw. Can't wait to go over it and get er into the wood! Shhh, don't tell my wife!!

I figured it's probably worth that in parts. I'm wanting to get a 24" bar for it. It ought to pull that no problem.

no problem at all, i run a 33" on my 576 without a hickup so far. mind you i only got it last month and it's only got about 40-50 tanks on it as of now.

576 has a good bit of jam on the 570 looking at the specs. Husqvarna says up to 32" for the 570 but I think that's pretty extreme. I don't need that much length anyways. Biggest I have got into is about 30" dia. 24-26" should be a good balance.

I don't have a lot of run time on a 570 but did rebuild one that someone screwed the end of the crank up on it.

I was impressed when running it from its power. I would guess its right in line with a 372 for power and you will love it with a 24" bar on it. That's what I tested it with and it was a running fool with it.

I have little doubt that it would run a 28" without much issue as well.

For what your needing that saw for it will be great for that.

That family of saws is one I find really appealing and would like to have one of.

What exactly is the niche for the 570? I have seen several around locally for sale and have been wondering where/why husky build another 70cc class saw. Does it share parts with other models?

What exactly is the niche for the 570? I have seen several around locally for sale and have been wondering where/why husky build another 70cc class saw. Does it share parts with other models?

I've often wondered the same thing. Husqvarna doesn't even list it on their US site. I assume it is some kind of marketing thing or maybe they aren't ready to let go of the 372 which seems to be sort of legend in it's own time.

The 570 and 575 are both discontinued. Only the 576 remains of that 1st gen strato family, and I think it's only available in autotune now.

I think the 570 was meant to hit the market the 365 does. A "semi pro" marketed saw. Pro construction and design, a touch less power than the big brother at a price point.
Don't believe the 570 was ever very popular though.

I noticed that saw on kijiji a while back, looked like a good deal, hope she's a runner!

I'm thinking it was on the eastern end of the province? (Kingston or Ottawa?)

Owen Sound B-N. Thanks Rocketnorton, I think I'm going to draw one up and cut it out of stainless on the water jet at work. I'm thinking of making one that mounts over the bar studs between the nuts and case. Anyone see any issues with doing this?

Good to hear your opinion modifiedmark. It's the biggest saw I have ever run. Other than how to sharpen a chain, I knew diddly about saws until about the end of March when I bought my first one to do a small job. Found this site for tech info and contracted some sort of illness. I now have 4 saws! I have read a lot of people dislike the 570 for the weight but it really doesn't feel much heavier than my poulan 5020av.

Its definitely heavier then a 5020, but its not a big deal to a firewood cutter.

For the money you gave for it, you cannot probably ever do better for a 70cc saw. Its well built, easy to work on with very good power and seems to run all day on tank of fuel. What else could you ask for?

I would by a truck load of them for that price if I could get them, I could make some real money selling them to firewood cutters around here.

Put it this way, you would probably have to give around $700 or so to match it today in a new saw.

Owen sound! It had been a while since I had seen the ad!

It seems like the majority of saws are Kingston Peterborough Ottawa way, Plus a smattering of saws up near Owen sounds.

Probably a good thing for my pocket book.

Yeah bunch over that way B-N. Not many pop up here local. This ad wasn't up for very long before I jumped on it. Another one, guy has a 575 with over 100 cord cut and he wants 600 for it. So I figure I done alright. Now I just need to find a bargain on a bar and chain!

Back