Husqvarna 570 new to me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 570 has about the same power to weight ratio as the 038 mag. Not too many folks complained about those. Congratulations an getting a great deal on a good saw.

Owen Sound B-N. Thanks Rocketnorton, I think I'm going to draw one up and cut it out of stainless on the water jet at work. I'm thinking of making one that mounts over the bar studs between the nuts and case. Anyone see any issues with doing this?
This is the outter dog on my 570image.jpgimage.jpg

So I finally had some time tonight to play with my new toy. Cleaned air filter, and the plug looked new but a little rich so I played with the tune a bit. I admit I'm a novice at this but I couldn't seem to make it idle any smoother. By the time I get it slow enough for the chain to quit moving, the motor is jumping around. Where my other saws just kind of burble away, this thing is a little rougher. Squeeze the loud button and it runs smooth as can be. Both jets were all the way out against the limiters. I leaned it out a little and gained a hair smoother idle but not real smooth. On the high, I'll have to wood check it when it's not raining. Nothing wrong with the oil pump. What a snot rocket! I turned it down to 2 turns out. See how that works on the 18" bar. So far I have been unable to find a fuel leak so I don't know what the heck the seller was talking about.

I re-read u'r post. If the limiters are in place, all the way out is prolly about right on the H. Try leaning out the L and going out on the idle screw and see what happens

It looks a lot worse in the pictures than I thought it did with my eye. This thing is gungy as all get out!
Can you just put a piston in them or do you have to buy a jug too?
Also has anyone heard any long term reports on how the offshore 570-575 kits are working out? eBay is full of them for pretty cheap.

If it were mine I'd just clean the carbon out and run it. I'd take a comp reading to see where the rings are at.

95 cold. 110 warm. 3 pulls.
Which I know is low but I can't believe how this thing runs. Starts easily, cuts well. Only reason I even looked at it was because the previous owner said it had a fuel leak and I thought I could get it to idle smoother.
I'm thinking about tearing it down to see if I can get away with a ring and gasket set.

You're using a gauge with a schrader valve on it aren't you? That'll give low readings. That's too low for a saw that runs.

If it runs good, run it. Maybe tear it down, clean the jug up, decarbon it, slap it back together. Keep a sharp chain, good fuel and a healthy tune and it'll probably serve you well for years like that.

When doing your comp test keep pulling till the gauge stops going up. To clean the carbon I'd pull the jug and use some solvent and a brush. Wd40/carb cleaner will work fine.

So I decided to clean it and run it. Cleaning was a chore and a half! This thing looked like it had been packed with grease and dragged down a gravel road. A couple can of brake cleaner and some parts washer solvent and a lot of brushing and blowing with air, brought it down to a tolerable level. It started on the first pull. If it ever stops raining, I will put it to some wood. I would like a 24" bar but I want to work it a couple days before I spend any money on it. Thanks for all the advice!image.jpg

So I decided to clean it and run it. Cleaning was a chore and a half! This thing looked like it had been packed with grease and dragged down a gravel road. A couple can of brake cleaner and some parts washer solvent and a lot of brushing and blowing with air, brought it down to a tolerable level. It started on the first pull. If it ever stops raining, I will put it to some wood. I would like a 24" bar but I want to work it a couple days before I spend any money on it. Thanks for all the advice!View attachment 433364

Back