Husqvarna 572xp, First Impressions & Overview...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not really understand the part about attaching the bucking spike for the clutch cover side of the bar. I can find the operators manual on European sites but not the ipl. Does it have provision to attach another spike?

Does it start without setting the fast idle?

thanks

Curious if one can retrofit their 562 cover with the heat shield?
Yes...folks have done that. Who knows what the next iteration of the 562's look like and what will retro back.. On mine I do a muffler tweak to let the exhaust over the top of the internal baffle and a cover tweak on the old ones to add a cooling "slot" on the clutch side..did a few on video's somewhere. Seems to help reduce temps. The OEM cover has that slot in there and obviously will retro back to all the earlier 562's. Same BTW as some of the other 562 upgrades like the piston and carbs. Obviously new firmware too...:)

I want to experience your pain of breaking in the latest greatest Husky--send it here and I will run the 10 tanks thru it with video and review--Ps I will install my bow saw bar on it--David :sweet:

Haven't seen a true "bow saw" other than pictures in decades. One of my "bucket list" items is to try and replicate the little Poulan with a bow blade my grand father had for pulp wood in Alabama.

I could not really understand the part about attaching the bucking spike for the clutch cover side of the bar. I can find the operators manual on European sites but not the ipl. Does it have provision to attach another spike?

Does it start without setting the fast idle?

thanks

572xp IPL attached;

Attachments

• 572XP IPL 2017-09.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Yes very cool, wish I could afford one or I would be all over it. As smooth as it looks I'd be willing to bet it has a full circle crank

Yes very cool, wish I could afford one or I would be all over it. As smooth as it looks I'd be willing to bet it has a full circle crank
I think its got stuffers similar to the 562 vs. a true full circle all metal deal. But it is smooth! Nice running saw. I do find it a bit interesting for some the focus will be on cookie cuts, while its strong, that misses the point. They really are addressing a collective set of issues from the 372XT's and 562's all balled up into this new design to increase reliability and to ease living with this saw by making typical tasks easy. They definitely gambled a bit on durability at the expense of weight. Feels like it is the 14-14.5 lbs range. But I never noticed it and I'm weight sensitive. (Old) And probably the ergo's along with the low vibration levels is why...just didn't feel heavy at all. One of those deals where I quickly wasn't focused on the saw because it was really comfortable so really only focused on cutting & the task at hand. Usually with a new saw like that where I only get a short time with it as was the case that day..I hyper focus on a saw and find some little detail but in this case...no. Just ran it and came away with "thats a nice saw" impression. I really liked it. Not sure where it will sit in the price point stack. I'm guessing about the same as the 576, or just a little more than the 372's. I better shut up now...(I don't have a clue on pricing...but have a strong opinion of it vs. some other offerings..) :chainsaw:

I did watch the video...and you know how its easy to assume folks are in the same frame of mind you are?? I made two comments in there that unless folks follow my channel won't make ANY sense.... First was the "space under the muffler" observation. THATS a two part deal, one more air flow from the flywheel can get there and second a larger gap means less heat transfers from the muffler to the cases. A lot of the changes in that design from the 562 was about controlling heat.

The second was the spark plug wire relative to the cylinder fins. I've seen a bunch of 372 XT (D's) where the spark plug gets on the fins first cutting into the insulation then creating running issues. NOT going to happen with this new 572 design. That plug wire is well controlled...:)

Latest posts

Back