Husqvarna 572xp, First Impressions & Overview...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smooth, easy starting and one pull restarts, good torque, but should come with outer spike.
That little thing is a joke, nothing "legendary" about that, then having to loose the captive bar nuts to get one just stinks, I give a fail on that one husky.
I ran my ported 2166 the other day with a single little spike, nothing legendary there either, but that's not a flagship model!
Yeah, I probably like it better than the 372.
Figured anyone who's run a saw a bit would. One thing I think some guys may not like is that the AV is a bit soft for longer bars or their preference, but a lot of guys will feel strongly the other way.

That little thing is a joke, nothing "legendary" about that, then having to loose the captive bar nuts to get one just stinks, I give a fail on that one husky.
I ran my ported 2166 the other day with a single little spike, nothing legendary there either, but that's not a flagship model!

Figured anyone who's run a saw a bit would. One thing I think some guys may not like is that the AV is a bit soft for longer bars or their preference, but a lot of guys will feel strongly the other way.
Did you purchase outer stock spike that allows you to keep captive bar nuts?

i am looking for one you have a source?
View attachment 765935Husqvarna part number, 575 23 65 C. Picked mine up from local dealer, forget exact price, but not too crazy. You have to drill those two holes, but cover was made to hold back nuts in place[/QUOTE]

nice, that looks better

Did you purchase outer stock spike that allows you to keep captive bar nuts?
Nope, it's still in the box. I'll probably use the new chain soon though, just wanting to try it, I've already ran the 572 ;).
Those aren't that big anyway.
You can do this, but someone does not like not having nuts attached. View attachment 765937
That's what I'm talking about, big dogs, but why should you have to loose the captive nuts.
No I like having the nuts attached :).
i am looking for one you have a source?
View attachment 765935Husqvarna part number, 575 23 65 C. Picked mine up from local dealer, forget exact price, but not too crazy. You have to drill those two holes, but cover was made to hold back nuts in place
I guess that will do since you're using the big ones, you still have my address right :p.
"someone" is that @chipper1 ..?;)..i prefer the captive style also ...however the orange over sized cover , dogs, and full wrap , has some interest also ...
Who want's to search around for them, not me, it's a real time saver, you don't even think about it.

Hey you guys know how to quote someone right:laughing:.

Latest posts

Back