Husqvarna 61 chainbrake assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the pin pushes on top of the knee joint to release the brake, and pushes the little tab at the end of the knee joint forward to activate/trip the brake.

The pin basically rides on top of the knee joint.
Ok so I got it back together the correct way. The brake functions correctly EXCEPT it seems like the main coil spring which provides the resistance for the whole mechanism is WAY TO STIFF. No amount of rearward pressure on the brake arm will disengage the brake with that spring in. Screwdriver points to spring in question

Attachments

• 01F7F956-E39D-4846-B48F-5C4FAA4CE44A.jpeg
    01F7F956-E39D-4846-B48F-5C4FAA4CE44A.jpeg
    992.9 KB · Views: 4
Ok so I got it back together the correct way. The brake functions correctly EXCEPT it seems like the main coil spring which provides the resistance for the whole mechanism is WAY TO STIFF. No amount of rearward pressure on the brake arm will disengage the brake with that spring in. Screwdriver points to spring in question
It takes a lot of pressure to reset that spring with the cover off the saw. Make sure the spring cover is on before you try to reset the spring - there is a lot of tension there. Other than that, take the handle back off and post a couple pics of the inside of the handle and the assembled knee joint.

It takes a lot of pressure to reset that spring with the cover off the saw. Make sure the spring cover is on before you try to reset the spring - there is a lot of tension there. Other than taht, take the handle back off and post a couple pics of the inside of the handle and the assembled knee joint.
I got it bro. You are correct. When the cover is not mounted, it takes a ridiculous amount of pressure. The leverage that occurs once it’s mounted helps, although I will say it’s no one finger operation like my 550 or 390. I owe you CJ. You find yourself in central Massachusetts, you holler.

REPHRASE; a RIDICULOUS amount of rearward pressure will disengage. I almost feel like a coil or two needs to be chopped off this spring...
G
I got it bro. You are correct. When the cover is not mounted, it takes a ridiculous amount of pressure. The leverage that occurs once it’s mounted helps, although I will say it’s no one finger operation like my 550 or 390. I owe you CJ. You find yourself in central Massachusetts, you holler.
Glad you finally got it!

Latest posts

Back