Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right of course. Why Husky went with this model in the programm is a real mystery to me. Peculiar is the slim cylinder design...one wouldn't guess this is a 70 cc engine.

I second the vibration on that model, the Crescent was a short lived version of a Husqvarna chainsaw and for some good reasons. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

I recently got a few Husky chainsaws and can ID all but one of them.

The serial number tag says type 65 on it.

Flywheel Side:
Husky-Unknown-FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

It looks like a bit of work, but there is no plastic on it and I may want to fix it up and keep it. I also got a 181SE which is complete, and may opt to keep that one since it is an 80cc saw.

Can anyone ID this saw for me?

Thanks

:cheers:

What is the number on that little metal ID tag on the flywheel side? I found a saw at a garage sale that looks very similar to yours, the metal tag number has a permanent "0650" on it then some more numbers after that that look etched on (serial number?)

Wondering what I found and how much it's worth. It's in the middle of no-where so maybe it will still be there tomorrow...

It could be an A65???? I don't think I saw a chain brake lever...

Last edited:
What is the number on that little metal ID tag on the flywheel side? I found a saw at a garage sale that looks very similar to yours, the metal tag number has a permanent "0650" on it then some more numbers after that that look etched on (serial number?)

Wondering what I found and how much it's worth. It's in the middle of no-where so maybe it will still be there tomorrow...

It could be an A65???? I don't think I saw a chain brake lever...

A65 or L65.

You are right of course. Why Husky went with this model in the programm is a real mystery to me. Peculiar is the slim cylinder design...one wouldn't guess this is a 70 cc engine.

The story is that Cresent agreed to not make chainsaws, in exchange for Husky aborting an ourboard engines program - but the reason that Husky actually "adopted" that rather bad design is a mystery. Maybe as a "stop-gap" solution, at least they were a lot lighter than the 90/100?????

They even made them for Partner, in Partner yellow - even though I think Partner had better alternatives at the time????

Lots of question marks here, and that is no coincidence. :confused:

A65/l65

Mine doesn't have a chain brake or even a chain guard :jawdrop:

NEP, Does the IPL you sent interchange other than the chain brake area?

I hope I can find a new fuel line, the missing air filter cover and an uncracked handle (handle still functions but has a small crack). Otherwise the saw seems in pretty good shape. Those three parts and it should be rockin for next winters wood supply duty :chainsawguy:

Thanks again NEP!

New email send. This is the 65A introduced in 1968 and the 65L introduced in 1974

Last edited:
NEP, do you have a massive stock pile of Husqvarna info or what!

Do you have parts too?

Your the man...:cheers:

This thread could end up as helpfull as the Pioneer thread if another guy or two has info like you do.

I dont have parts, but I do have the info! Just ask. :biggrinbounce2:

I dont have parts, but I do have the info! Just ask. :biggrinbounce2:

Okay, I will!

It looks like method of fuel line routing could be the tell all for which version I have. The 1968 version looks like it goes through some multi piece adapter on the flywheel side and the 1974 version is a one piece fuel line that enters the tank on the clutch side?

Yes. There are a lot of other differences but the fuel line is completely different.

Yes. There are a lot of other differences but the fuel line is completely different.

Of the three manuals you sent mine appears to be most like the 1974 version except it has no hand guard (could have been removed). There is no chain brake like the 1981 version for sure. So if my gas line looks like the 1974 that IPL should be the one to go by correct? It definitely is not like the 1968 version (gas line layout is tell tale).

Unless there are of course more versions...:chainsaw:

65 Oiler

How does that gear driven oiler work? Does it oil all the time? I guess all auto-oilers probably oil even when idling...Just haven't seen one like this before.

On an old saw like the 65 the oiler is pumping all the time also when ideling.

Modern saws only pumps when the clutch engage.

How serious does this look? Piston has some scoring above and below rings at exhaust about 1/2 inch wide.

If I have a spark plug in tight, how hard should it be to rotate the flywheel by hand?

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back