Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not good, :cry: looks like straight gas or maybe very lean.

But that saw is not a saw to use its a collectors item. It's always fun when they can run, but they are not for usage.

How serious does this look? Piston has some scoring above and below rings at exhaust about 1/2 inch wide.

If I have a spark plug in tight, how hard should it be to rotate the flywheel by hand?

attachment.php

that is pretty serious indeed. Like NEK said, it's scored. You'll need to pull the jug to see the damage for real. Also have a look at the crank bearings....lots a work ahead I think.

Brian, I just got the same piston from the same seller this week. Looks good too. It took 2 weeks for it to arrive from Greece.

I plan on putting mine back together soon as I have it all the way down. I got a gasket kit with seals for it and along with crank brgs it should be good to go soon.

Are you repainting it too...:Eye:

Here are the guts. The cylinder has marks by the exhaust but it feels smooth other than a small area right below the (bearing side) the exhaust port. You can see a little silver buildup in the photo. Shouldn't I be able to get that little bit of buildup off with something? Not sure how I check the bearing but the little bit I can see looks very clean, no rust (although now I wonder how I will keep this area clean) :cry:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Worth picking up?

Imo not! :)

..but I am not a collector!

= that saw is a collectors item only - just too old for anything else, and there were better saws out there in most of its time (Jonsereds)!

Husky wasn't the leading brand back then (1966-1974), Jonsereds was!

= that saw is a collectors item only - just too old for anything else, and there were better saws out there in most of its time (Jonsereds)!

I have a 70E I really like...

Worth picking up?

No, hardly even a collectors item in that condition, and a saw that never could compete with the Jonsereds of its days (1966-1974), except maybe in 66-67. :popcorn:

Edit; Ooops - my computer (or the site) is playing games with me - I thought my first answer was lost, but now I see that it wasn't! LOL

Last edited:

But that saw is not a saw to use its a collectors item. It's always fun when they can run, but they are not for usage.

:agree2:

LOL- we agree again. Both on the collector part and the Jonsered part

I have a 70E I really like...

What do you think of the vibrations, the sound level and the weight????

IMO thats also a very interesting COLLECTORS item, but not a saw to use. Too old.

I'm a user first and a collector second.

You guys are wrecking my CAD...:chainsaw:

No, No, collecting is also CAD, getting a vintage saw running is a fun hobby.

Just get a modern one for firewood cutting, felling or what you are using a chainsaw for.

Don't wreck your hands with vibrations, your shoulders and back with weight or your face with the absence of a chainbrake

No, No, collecting is also CAD, getting a vintage saw running is a fun hobby.

Just get a modern one for firewood cutting, felling or what you are using a chainsaw for.

Don't wreck your hands with vibrations, your shoulders and back with weight or your face with the absence of a chainbrake

That's what my 362XP is for! I goof around with my old saws that run when I am cutting firewood but when it's time to destroy some serious quantity the 362XP is out and burnin...

That's what my 362XP is for! I goof around with my old saws that run when I am cutting firewood but when it's time to destroy some serious quantity the 362XP is out and burnin...

:greenchainsaw:

Exactly what I meant.

Back